Do I need subscription to download service packs?

Discussions about migration to other software
Pancho

Re: Do I need subscription to download service packs?

Post by Pancho » 25 May 2014, 14:19

After a restart it worked! Thanks!

angus_davidson

Post by angus_davidson » 26 May 2014, 10:37

They really need to all flex to be allowed to update on request. This having to uninstall and reinstall really is a bunch of rubbish.

RLM is so much more elegant.
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University

Pancho

Post by Pancho » 26 May 2014, 11:11

The part which is really ridiculous is that the 2015 installer doesn't recognize which version is installed and tells you from the beginning that you need to reinstall the license server.

Their whole online help and download system is such a big mess. How can such a big company come up with such a horrible interaction with their clients? I'm speedchless.
Last edited by Pancho on 26 May 2014, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 26 May 2014, 11:35

The fact that then installer doesn’t do a version check on the license server is indeed ridiculous (to say the least). And the main problem isn’t even that it isn’t all documented. The main problem is that the documentation isn’t transparent. Everything should be made a lot more clear/a lot more transparent. In the past Softimage at least had a head of support, who made helpful videos to guide you through the always tedious process of installing and licensing a new version. I wonder what happened to him. Oh wait…
x_x ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

angus_davidson

Post by angus_davidson » 26 May 2014, 12:51

Pancho wrote:THe part which is really ridiculous is that the 2015 installer doesn't recognize which version is installed and tells you from the beginning that you need to reinstall the license server.

Their whole online help and download system is such a big mess. How can such a big company come up with such a horrible interaction with their clients? I'm speedchless.

As soon as you select network , and choose your license server it should do a little check. Having to fart around for ages trying to see whats wrong is of course a much better solution . Arrrgh.
--
Wits University

jill.ramsay

Post by jill.ramsay » 27 May 2014, 17:07

Hey guys,
I've forwarded your feedback to the relevant teams here.

If you have any licensing issues with any Autodesk software you can also get help here: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/.

Thanks,
Jill

Newcomer (<20 posts) alert: please use the URL tags and I know this your 20th post already, but I'm making an exception ;) - HB

jill.ramsay

Post by jill.ramsay » 28 May 2014, 16:03

Ah... right. Sorry.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 28 May 2014, 16:04

No need to say sorry. Sorry's only for repeat offenders, with way more posts than you, who still do it... ;)
Practical side to this is that links without the proper tags simply do not link to anything.
In other words: we turned off "automatic link parsing".
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

angus_davidson

Post by angus_davidson » 28 May 2014, 18:17

jill.ramsay wrote:Hey guys,
I've forwarded your feedback to the relevant teams here.

If you have any licensing issues with any Autodesk software you can also get help here: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/.

Thanks,
Jill

Newcomer (<20 posts) alert: please use the URL tags and I know this your 20th post already, but I'm making an exception ;) - HB
Thanks Jill.
--
Wits University