Cinema 4D introductory video

Discussions about migration to other software
Bullit

Cinema 4D introductory video

Post by Bullit » 09 Mar 2014, 02:44

Hi Everyone,
I am producing a Series of Videos right now about C4D. It is a Overview over the whole Programm and Targeted for those Softimage-User that need to migrate to another Application sooner or later. But in this Series also C4D-IUser will find plenty of good Information I guess. Part one is already online:

Cheers, Holger
Source:http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread. ... ost7769791

Moderator edit: Moved. - HB

Holger Biebrach

Re: Cinema 4D introductory video

Post by Holger Biebrach » 09 Mar 2014, 03:09

Thanks for posting this here. I already posted it here in a thread in the Migrate Subforum. But better to have a own place here ;) . Part 2 & 3 is also done and uploaded. Part 3 covers the Viewportperformance of C4D. Following part have to wait tree weeks. I will show in future Parts that C4D is also capable for realizing Big Chatacter Projects and Particle-Stuff. Also I will Talk about Modelling, Animation, Scripting and Xpresso.
greetings Holger

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 09 Mar 2014, 03:17

Didn't know there was subforum.
Probably some mod will delete this topic.
But it would be nice that your video links are not lost inside a thread.

MauricioPC

Post by MauricioPC » 09 Mar 2014, 04:28

It's better to not delete. A proper thread is a good thing to help people come and see what C4D is about.

Holger Biebrach

Post by Holger Biebrach » 09 Mar 2014, 11:52

Part 2 & 3 are online. I can not make more parts for the next 3 weeks. But i will be back to show you much more stuff. Cheers Holger

Part 1 - general & cutomizing

Part 2 - Objectmanager

Part 3 - vieportperformance

Moderator edit: embedded the videos for you - HB

Holger Biebrach

Post by Holger Biebrach » 10 Mar 2014, 20:34

I received some Critic on CGtalk that I have to respond to explain the stupid Idea of the Donkey at the Beginning of my Video-Series. I want to add this statement to my Videos here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horganovski
Hi Holger,

First of all, kudos for this, it's made with noble intent, that's obvious.

If I can give some crits though : For me the beginning with the shitting donkey (with its creepy isolated wobbling head) looks a bit childish to me and would put me off watching the series personally. I also feel 90 minutes almost now with the 3 videos is far too long for an overview. I feel something like this should have a very clear plan and a good pace that gives the viewer enough information to whet their appetite but not so much that they start looking at the clock.

Sorry if that seems harsh, just trying to be honest. Time is short and we have a lot of things competing for our attention these days so I feel brevity is very desirable in something like this.

Cheers,
Brian

Hi Brian, Thank you for the honest Critic...actually I was waiting for getting exactly this critic. . I started this series in a Rush. I felt very emotional because of the ongoing discussions and I felt I have to take action before its to late. That was also caused because of the Fact that I will not be in my office for the next tree weeks as I will leave for vacations tomorrow. So everything was in a Hurry...but I guess that was not the best decision.
The Donkey....yes, after watching the Video the day later I saw that this was a very childish Idea. In the moment I had that Idea I did not think a lot. I just wanted to fill the Sceen with something while I was talking. This was the first Idea I had when browsing the Contentbrowser. Actually I had a better Idea which was just to much work to realize. But that would have been better:
An Autodeskdonkey who eats Softimage which sits on a scale. On the other end of the Scale is a mechanism connected which would cause a huge weight to fall on the Donekey´s head. So you could see the Donkey is eating without thinking about it causing his own damage.

To late...tomorrow I leave with my family....I hope when I come back I will be able to make something more prepared. But please focus more on the content of my Videos than on the presentation (which is horrible I know that).

cheers, Holger
Last edited by Holger Biebrach on 10 Mar 2014, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.

MauricioPC

Post by MauricioPC » 10 Mar 2014, 20:57

Hey Holger,

The donkey didn't bother me. I thought is was funny. Have a nice vacation.

Cheers.

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 10 Mar 2014, 21:14

Yeah the donkey doesn't bother me at all, but the current way people make 10 minutes video to explain something that is made in 5 second makes me usually prefer written tutorials.
Writting is more effort than talking and naturally makes people going to the point.