SI and Houdini

Discussions about migration to other software
halfdan

SI and Houdini

Post by halfdan » 05 Mar 2014, 23:09

(cross-posted to the Softimage ML)

Hello there

It's been a while.

I thought I'd post here and let you know, since there's been a lot of interest in Houdini, that we've created a dedicated forum for SI users on the SideFX site. Feel free to swing by and ask any questions you'd like about Houdini and SideFX. I know this is a pretty tough time for everyone, but I just wanted to let you know that you're all welcome in our community.

Hope to see you there!

All the best,

- ½

Lord Futzi Voldemort

Re: SI and Houdini

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 06 Mar 2014, 02:13

halfdan wrote:(cross-posted to the Softimage ML)

Hello there

It's been a while.

I thought I'd post here and let you know, since there's been a lot of interest in Houdini, that we've created a dedicated forum for SI users on the SideFX site. Feel free to swing by and ask any questions you'd like about Houdini and SideFX. I know this is a pretty tough time for everyone, but I just wanted to let you know that you're all welcome in our community.

Hope to see you there!

All the best,

- ½
Now that is actually a good thing! Thank you.
I'm now part of an endangered species...

angus_davidson

Post by angus_davidson » 07 Mar 2014, 09:36

Hi

I was wondering who I can speak about edu Pricing for Houdini. I have an issue where I would prefer to move away from AD products but until other 3d Vendors have something similar to the Autodesk ARC license I will more then likely be forced into going with Maya. Having had the joys of teaching Maya I would rather not go through that again.

Kind regards

Angus
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University

reberhart

Post by reberhart » 11 Mar 2014, 00:47

For edu pricing, I would think the Apprentice or Apprentice HD versions would have you covered: https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option ... Itemid=221