community ice projects

TwinSnakes007

Re: community ice projects

Post by TwinSnakes007 » 16 Mar 2012, 20:08

Now might be as good a time as any to revive this thread and ask the question:
does anyone have some new/more exciting ideas for community ICE Projects?
Well, after Houdini 12 came out, I d/l about 5 gigs worth of training videos on Houdini. A couple of them are nice production scenarios. I've begun creating tutorials on how to do those effects in ICE. That might be of some interest to the community. I was just gonna upload them under "ICE Tutorials".

I finished converting this to Softimage ICE the other day:

After watching this video, you really appreciate how ICE was implemented in Softimage. Granted, its not as low-level as Houdini - but some things are just super simple to do in comparison.

Chris_TC

Post by Chris_TC » 16 Mar 2012, 20:11

Do you have the links for the Houdini training? I'd like to watch some.

TwinSnakes007

Post by TwinSnakes007 » 16 Mar 2012, 20:24

Chris_TC wrote:Do you have the links for the Houdini training? I'd like to watch some.
Yeah, the majority of them are right there on their site. Plus, they announced a new online training course you can sign up for that's starting this month I believe.

This is the free online training course they just announced:
Houdini Apprentice - First Steps

Then if you goto the SideFX website and click on "Learning" in the top nav menu, you'll get a whole bunch of training videos you can download. You got official training videos, user generated, and master classes.

Edit: There is also some YouTube and Vimeo groups that have a ton of tutorials also (like the one is this post). If you want to grab Vimeo content, you need the public URL, not the secure (logged into Vimeo) one. Anyway, I stopped @ 5 gigs worth of content, that was more than enough.

Chris_TC

Post by Chris_TC » 17 Mar 2012, 15:02

Alright, thank you!

gustavoeb

Post by gustavoeb » 12 Apr 2012, 21:37

TwinSnakes007: Thanks for that video, very helpfull ideend :D

Ps: Any consistent/simple way to get rid of all RTF code? seems that ICE lacks many useful String nodes
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/