Softimage Wikia Official

New plugins, tools etc.
mc_axe

Re: Softimage Wikia Official

Post by mc_axe » 08 May 2017, 19:28

Hello guys b-( bad news i have some trouble with the licencing, just halted everything for now. Wikia only uses a commercial version of creative commons licence, while the Docs use a non commercial version. The new wiki is clearly a spin off of the docs.

Iv send a nice email to the staff but the chances to get what i want are slim.
Only super special cases use different licence on Wikia.

In worst case scenario ill have to delete everything under main categories or even search for a new place that allows different licencing. Its a shame because i was just done transfering the structure (exept references) and I was ready to start bashing content like crazy.

Im waiting on their responce ~x( :- :ymdaydream: (-| :ympray: 8-x
We will do our best to get back to you in the next 2-3 business days, but please be patient as we work through all of the messages.
--

On top of that the old wiki is a copyright of AD im not sure if we can use that so freely as a source. I mean the contributions there imply under what licence ? And what about mailing list? I hate conflicts between licences, licences are so intimedating. And im not a g*damn lawyer

mc_axe

Re: Softimage Wikia Official

Post by mc_axe » 12 May 2017, 19:43

The Wikia got wiped after my request, is now a blank page. Their licencing page is horrible stating in almost first line that some wikias use different licence, with a quick read made me to believe that i can do that as well, their support is nice helped me to wipe content tho.

Their current licence i dont like it, allows anyone not just remix all the text but even sell it.

Anyways i hope we find some use but is not the new "amazing" fresh wiki that we wanted, dreamed, needed. We cant make that a central repository of all the cool sources out there. I might leave it like this for now, till im less pissed able to, find a way to do something useful with it. x