Softimage freelance pool

New plugins, tools etc.
mirkoj

Softimage freelance pool

Post by mirkoj » 30 Jan 2016, 23:29

Hey guys
There was small discussion on mailing list and noticing there is a bit of complaint on getting harder to find Softimage freelancers.
As that was exactly same problem I had couple times I figured to resurrect one of old ideas and start creating page for freelancer pool.
Right now it is more like prototype of idea using trello board but I;ve already started working on full web page designed specifically for that. Actually got in contact with web ppl that can make that :)
Have in plan how to organize and make easier to find what you are looking for to help out in your Softimage projects but till then this is good place to start filling in library.
So in case you missed mailing list here is link where you can join trello board, check out what others made and you can create your card as well.
Please have in mind that right now there are no permission controls so please do NOT touch other people;'s cards :)
Once you create your card you can move it between columns to reflect current availability status.

https://trello.com/invite/b/ezWvHkmc/d2 ... ance-poolj

Thanks

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: Softimage freelance pool

Post by Hirazi Blue » 31 Jan 2016, 10:54

Great initiative!
Now someone should take action to move the list itself to a company-independent location... :-?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Grubber

Post by Grubber » 31 Jan 2016, 11:56

Nice idea!

Rez007

Post by Rez007 » 01 Feb 2016, 18:13

Great idea Mirkoj, and thank you for taking the steps to make it happen! I appreciate your post on here as well, as I don't always make my way to the mailing list.

Helli

Post by Helli » 03 Feb 2016, 04:31

Well we could create a new mailing list with a bit better name which is not bound to Softimage (I would love to see a general 3D list which welcomes all different artists).
If all softimage mailing list artists would migrate to it there wouldn't be any need to copy the old one.

mirkoj

Post by mirkoj » 03 Feb 2016, 13:29

actually this is to be more specialized to make easier for peopl eto get extra hand when needed with their projects.
Mailing list is good thing but diea is to have nice fast simple UI, and if you need someone to help with this or that in your project you just jump to page filter people and find someone available as soon as possible :)

I personaly loose days in looking for peopl ewhen help is needed so I guess others will ahve use of it as well.

Draise

Post by Draise » 03 Feb 2016, 20:31

SI related info yeah.. it's nice. I am part of another forum called United3DArtists - small and intimate - originally created over the demise of trueSpace in 2009 - so I have lived this........ but hey! The forum is a lot of fun and still active - with things still being developed for trueSpace and I still use trueSpace for some small freelance work too - still on par on some things. The "open" was built mainly for the same reason - a beloved software dies - the artists remain - they wanted to broaden horizons to other artists - but it's still very trueSpace orientated.

I can see you all still continueing within that similar road.. but who knows. I love both areas here in the community and mailing list online right now - being open or specified or not. It's the people that keeps it alive - and I think it's a human right to use any software after it's no longer developed or sold.

blaxxun

Post by blaxxun » 04 Feb 2016, 07:14

Thats cool, thank you!!

julius

Post by julius » 06 Feb 2016, 14:06

Very good idea, thanks a lot !!

sant0s

Post by sant0s » 24 Mar 2016, 13:25

hey guys - do I have to add myself to the card "part time"?
I have a profil now, but when I add a card - I dont know how to add my profil?
could anybody put markus tanz to availbe part time?! I have the skill to destroy everything, so dont wanna delete by mistake ^^

NNois

Post by NNois » 24 Mar 2016, 13:51

Hirazi Blue wrote:Great initiative!
Now someone should take action to move the list itself to a company-independent location... :-?
I think that's already done, since the list as an archive at GoogleGroups.
The owner is Francois Lord not Autodesk, so if the list is shut down François is able to convert it to a working one

mirkoj

Post by mirkoj » 29 Mar 2016, 21:26

Hello guys.

I'm happy to announce that update from trello board is done and ready to be used!
We did expand a bit filters of course but stills same primary goal as intended
If you need help on the project and don't have time nor wanna waste it on posting job, then waiting for replies, then digging through applications....

Just head to http://www.cgfolio.com filter out exactly what you need and get in contact with someone that can help you asap.

Also without freelancers there is no point, right?
So everyone interested in offering their help to potential customers head there and get listed.
Signup as well as search is as simple as possible.
Hope to see TON of Softimage guys over there and ofc I hope that page will help out those looking for help and providing help as well :)

Cheers!
Mirko