LK Lightning 2.5 (now free!)

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

LK Lightning 2.5Author: Leonard Koch
Updated November 2015 — LK Lightning is now free. Version 2.5 is a major update of LK Lightning. LK Lightning is a toolset which gives the artist deep but user-friendly control over the creation of many types of strand systems (not only lightning effects but many things which can be created procedurally using strands like trees, algae, feathers, ivy). Even though it is a fully ICE based system, it is designed in a way so no previous knowledge of ICE is needed. From the product page about the 2.5 update: The headlining feature for version 2.5 is Stages which allows you to create much more complicated behaviours by assigning different sets of controllers to particles based on which stage they are in. With these stages also comes a new category of compounds. Triggers that allow you to move particles between them.

You can assign a new stage to strands that have been split off as well and thus give them a different set of rules. This is something that was requested many times by 2.0 users and is indeed super useful. Additionally there are a bunch of other useful tools for particle effects in here that stem from an awesome job I got to do at Digital Golem: Detroit Electric - SP01

For some of the features, see LKL 2.0's changelog page — also worth mentioning is this LKL 2.0 tutorial which shows step-by-step how British channel 4's 4seven ~ On Screen Presentation was created.

local backup: LK-Lightning-250.xsiaddon LKL_25_SampleScenes.zip

New plugins, tools etc.
Hirazi Blue
Administrator

LK Lightning 2.5 (now free!)

Post by Hirazi Blue » 13 Nov 2015, 13:28

This message appeared earlier today on the Mailing List:
I have a new version of LK Lightning for you today. I hope you don't mind my posting it here.
The headlining feature for version 2.5 is Stages which allows you to create much more complicated behaviours by assigning different sets of controllers to particles based on which stage they are in.With these stages also comes a new category of compounds. Triggers that allow you to move particles between them.You can assign a new stage to strands that have been split off as well and thus give them a different set of rules. This is something that was requested many times by 2.0 users and is indeed super useful.Additionally there are a bunch of other useful tools for particle effects in here that stem from an awesome job I got to do at Digital Golem: http://www.digitalgolem.com/portfolio/d ... tric-sp01/

LK Lightning is also free for everyone now.
With Softimage going EOL I just don't feel good charging people for an extension to a software that has been sentenced to death.Freelancers and companies who've approached me wanting to buy LKL in the past couple of months have already received it free of charge and with the new version I'm making it available to everyone.
I hope that the community can put 2.5 to good use and hope to still see many awesome projects made with it and Softimage.
You can get LK Lightning 2.5 here: http://leonardkoch.com/download/
(Quoted from here)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

julius

Re: LK Lightning 2.5 (now free!)

Post by julius » 13 Nov 2015, 14:50

Thanks a lot !

druitre

Post by druitre » 16 Nov 2015, 11:40

That is very generous, Leonard. Thanks!

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 16 Nov 2015, 19:15

Many thanks Leo.

mc_axe

Post by mc_axe » 17 Nov 2015, 09:28

No EOL still alive i see, thats an upgr8, thnx!