Blender 2.75

New plugins, tools etc.
Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Blender 2.75

Post by Hirazi Blue » 03 Jul 2015, 14:15

While I hate to admit it, Blender is maturing nicely, making it a serious contender...
https://www.blender.org/features/2-75/
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

julius

Re: Blender 2.75

Post by julius » 03 Jul 2015, 15:10

yes, it's fine, but managing heavy scenes seems to be a nightmare in Blender.
They have to enhance the explorer !! just that would save tons of clics to make everything.
Don't understand they didn't modify it already...What a waste of time.

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 03 Jul 2015, 15:20

I think I'll stay with 2.71 from last summer, until something significant happens with view port performance. For now, performance thing seems to be still into ''anticipated projects'' area - plus some cosmetic change here and there, which, most likely, makes thing slightly worse.
Also, have a heavy customized key mapping, just to be able to live with it, but never ever been able to transfer the key map in one go, between the versions. Since there are other players in my life, like Houdini, I think I'll need to re-learn the '' Blender migrate preferences procedure'', so yet another reason to do not update.
While ago, remembered every new feature from each new version, but at some point, became resistant to all that...

Wish them the best, anyway.

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 03 Jul 2015, 22:19

Very good.

Mathaeus i take notes when i do an introduction to a new software. Usually that helps me return to it.

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 04 Jul 2015, 01:16

Bullit wrote: Mathaeus i take notes when i do an introduction to a new software.
A bit of nit picking, but I'm afraid notes won't help when trying to import the old key map. In times of 2.6 series, usually were a just few lines of duplicate code to edit in keyconfig file, to avoid errors. When 2.7 become, transfer from anything 2.6 to 2.7, resulted in complete mass.
Maybe they improved the compatibity, maybe not. For now, I guess it's the same old behavior, where everything is customizable, but works only in actual version, maybe one or two later.

wesserbro

Post by wesserbro » 07 Jul 2015, 10:51

First i was going to write how many cool features in new version added (Delta Mush, new remesher, etc). But then i realized that my little script for 'one-click' object transfer to other apps just isn't working. 2.74 working, 2.75 - not working, it's just ridiculous... Yeah, maybe it will take me just a several minutes to fix it, but i just don't want to, screw it!