User Guide Softimage 2014 online

New plugins, tools etc.
bottleofram

Re: User Guide Softimage 2014 online

Post by bottleofram » 24 Mar 2013, 20:38

Last edited by bottleofram on 24 Mar 2013, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.

McNistor

Post by McNistor » 24 Mar 2013, 21:07

buhahhahha!! :))
Where's that screenshot from? Is it even real? OMFG...
If it's real, I really hope there's one option like that in Max and Maya as well.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 24 Mar 2013, 21:13

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Instead of opening a dialog with the user base for some much needed damage control they simply shut down the link again...
:ymapplause:

edit 22:14 - The Maya docs have now been removed as well
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

bottleofram

Post by bottleofram » 24 Mar 2013, 21:15

McNistor wrote:buhahhahha!! :))
Where's that screenshot from? Is it even real? OMFG...
If it's real, I really hope there's one option like that in Max and Maya as well.
It's from the docs so yeah, its real.

Pretty sad state of affairs...

McNistor

Post by McNistor » 24 Mar 2013, 21:18

"biting the bullet" doesn't look so much of a possibility, but instead, it nicely shapes itself as a certainty.
They'd really like to axe it, but on the other hand they'd like to keep the current Softimage user base in their court as well so they started giving hints apparently.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

Fer

Post by Fer » 24 Mar 2013, 21:49

Hirazi Blue wrote:Well, it was fun while it lasted. Instead of opening a dialog with the user base for some much needed damage control they simply shut down the link again...

The Maya docs, however, are still online. Funny... :))
Took them 12 hours of bureaucracy to close it.

Sil3

Post by Sil3 » 24 Mar 2013, 21:57

I really cant understand why upload something if IT'S NOT READY to be seen by the public?

I cant and refuse to believe that its an error... because its the second in the row... if its error then someone must be a not very bright to keep doing it.
Last edited by Sil3 on 24 Mar 2013, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 24 Mar 2013, 22:42

Hirazi Blue wrote:Well, it was fun while it lasted. Instead of opening a dialog with the user base for some much needed damage control they simply shut down the link again...

edit 22:14 - The Maya docs have now been removed as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intranet

Who knew?

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 25 Mar 2013, 00:12

With a company haphazardly managed like this...
I cant and refuse to believe that its an error... because its the second in the row... if its error then someone must be a not very bright to keep doing it.
I think this is the evidence Ice-isation of whole Autodesk. They started to play with randomize Ice nodes... release of docs -> randomize -> Icetree(non simulated) :)))

luchifer

Post by luchifer » 25 Mar 2013, 02:06

Its a sad day, im feeling angry and frustrated at the same time. Lucky for me I stopped studying Softimage for Cinema 4d a while ago, although I was optimistic with this release so I can convince my boss to purchase a couple of seats for me and my coworker. I know, just two seats, its not much... but... sorry for ranting but... what the hell Autodesk?????

sonictk

Post by sonictk » 25 Mar 2013, 04:55

I just wanted to say...

As soon as I found out that AD shifted XSI development to my country I was thinking it was probably going to go downhill from there, but I was kind of hoping that my fellow Singaporeans would be able to come out with something amazing :X

I guess not. But I'm sticking with XSI until AD decides to shut it down (and probably beyond anyway since I think out of everything I've tried I like XSI modeling tools the best, even modo/silo can't beat it), though I'm forced to use Maya at school -_-"

(Also, according to my friend who apparently knows one of the guys on the team...they are well aware of the issues that everyone is annoyed about...but he doesn't know why they don't talk to the community more either, although apparently that's all he ever talks about when going for lunch with him :P)

t4d

Post by t4d » 25 Mar 2013, 06:02

it's no issue with softimage, All here can keep using softimage for many years to come it's still the best 3D tool out there.
the only issue is Autodesk subscriptions and the slow down of softimage development.

I think of it this way

1/ stop subscription and BUY a full version every 2 years or more when there's worth in the update and save money.

2/ stop subscription and see if autodesk is killing softimage OR rejuvenating it and buy back in when it shows positive motion. again most likely you'll save money.

3/ keep giving autodesk your money every 12 months blindly and hope for the best.

I see nothing that autodesk can shut down the current version out here ( are 2014 should last until 2020)
BUT without reading the 2014 legal doc's that may have changed... :-??

Ahmidou

Post by Ahmidou » 25 Mar 2013, 06:14

sonictk wrote: As soon as I found out that AD shifted XSI development to my country I was thinking it was probably going to go downhill from there, but I was kind of hoping that my fellow Singaporeans would be able to come out with something amazing :X

I guess not.
Please stop bashing on the new team, the problem is more at the project management level, not the devs

sonictk

Post by sonictk » 25 Mar 2013, 06:17

I wasn't bashing the team specifically... :-\ (I'd rather they succeed and then I ride on the success of my fellow countrymen and earn the accolades and admiration of the entire industry...or something like that >_>) but in my experience every time a company opens a division in my country it doesn't usually go very well...

And yea that's why I mentioned that at least they are probably aware of all the issues that everyone here has been voicing out just that they are probably not encouraged to come out on the boards and stuff to respond to the community...I just wanted to pipe in since the general sentiment seems to be that the new team isn't up to scratch or is too inexperienced.

...Back to lurking >_>

Rork

Post by Rork » 25 Mar 2013, 09:56

Not defending AD in any way here, but the new team has been great during the beta for 2014.

They really listened and tried to address as many requests and suggestions as possible.
Some people hammered hard on getting some SDK development bugs fixed, so they could perfect their plugins. Eugen, looking at you ;-)

There's a ton of bug fixes in several areas, we've got some smaller, but nice new features. I agree on the fact they're not for everybody to use right away.

Decide if you're going to pay for subscription or not, but stop these negative discussions. It's making it harder and harder to visit the few forums there are for Softimage.......

:ympeace:
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!

t4d

Post by t4d » 25 Mar 2013, 10:07

Rork wrote: Decide if you're going to pay for subscription or not, but stop these negative discussions. It's making it harder and harder to visit the few forums there are for Softimage.......

:ympeace:
Ok I'm interested what your asking for on this "unofficial softimage Community" forum ?

- no negative comment on the last 2 versions Autodesk has given users ?
- no negative comment towards Softimage at all ?
- no negative comment on the price of subscription ( currently is half the price of a full version = a full seat every 2 years )

any or all the above ?