Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE

New plugins, tools etc.
azurecgi

Re: Spoiler Alert: NO SPOILERS ANYMORE

Post by azurecgi » 14 Mar 2013, 14:32

Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:No need to ragequit. Just use what you have and stop paying people in advance without even getting a roadmap or anything. Pay when they deliver!
That´s how market works. That´s the only thing that changes anything: money. And if they don´t deliver? You have lost nothing.
BOYKOTT SUBSCRIPTION!
Autodesk don't make it easy though do they? They've made non-maintenance upgrades so expensive, you pretty much have to go the subscription route!

Lord Futzi Voldemort

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 14 Mar 2013, 14:43

azurecgi wrote:
Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:No need to ragequit. Just use what you have and stop paying people in advance without even getting a roadmap or anything. Pay when they deliver!
That´s how market works. That´s the only thing that changes anything: money. And if they don´t deliver? You have lost nothing.
BOYKOTT SUBSCRIPTION!
Autodesk don't make it easy though do they, they've made non-maintenance upgrades so expensive, you pretty much have to go the maintenance route!
So don´t upgrade! With this pace of development it´ll take years until you actually ave something that is worth upgrading. In the meantime you will see, that most relevant achievements come from third parties like fabricengine or exocortex or mootzoid.
You lose nothing. There have always been upgrade specials in the last years, and the more AD need looses subscriptions the more often you will see upgrade specials or promos! Guys, stop play the game. No one can live on promises.
I'm now part of an endangered species...

mkr

Post by mkr » 14 Mar 2013, 14:54

But if you dont renew or buy new versions, then Autodesk will go "look nobodys upgrading/buying this software any longer, let's discontinue the thing". So it's a lose-lose situation.

iamVFX

Post by iamVFX » 14 Mar 2013, 14:56

Awesome, new GPU CUDA stuff! My AMD card wants to thank Autodesk for such a great decision

Lord Futzi Voldemort

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 14 Mar 2013, 15:02

mkr wrote:But if you dont renew or buy new versions, then Autodesk will go "look nobodys upgrading/buying this software any longer, let's discontinue the thing". So it's a lose-lose situation.
So you like paying more money for less value instead?
You can live a long time with even 2013.1, what does it matter if Autodesk actually stops developing SI? If this release really is what we know by now, there isn´t any development worth to mention already. So why paying?
If it is a loose lose situation, than by paying you loose MORE.
Do we really want to let a company dictate what we do with our money?
Not me.

azurecgi

Post by azurecgi » 14 Mar 2013, 15:10

I could have upgraded my Lightwave from 9.6 to 11.5 for less than the Softimage subscription payment I just made!
:(( ~x(

Kzin

Post by Kzin » 14 Mar 2013, 15:12

iamVFX wrote:Awesome, new GPU CUDA stuff! My AMD card wants to thank Autodesk for such a great decision
complain to amd directly. amd did not want to get cuda as nvidia offered it some years ago.

iamVFX

Post by iamVFX » 14 Mar 2013, 15:14

Kzin wrote:
iamVFX wrote:Awesome, new GPU CUDA stuff! My AMD card wants to thank Autodesk for such a great decision
complain to amd directly. amd did not want to get cuda as nvidia offered it some years ago.
wat :D

brudney

Post by brudney » 14 Mar 2013, 15:19

Oh boy, I do hope it's a mistake... It doesn't even look like a proper Service Pack.

iamVFX

Post by iamVFX » 14 Mar 2013, 15:22

Want to see SDK changes as well. Hope ICE compounds or Tool SDK are exposed for scripting languages

Lord Futzi Voldemort

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 14 Mar 2013, 15:28

What have we learned in the years since AD bought SI?
When did anything get better in that time? There is a continuous tendency: worse. It was always like that, max, maya, softimage.
This is not a religion, this is business. Don´t wait for miracles.

Fer

Post by Fer » 14 Mar 2013, 15:49

So, this the other quarter of 2013 release. waiting for the remaining 2... See you next year.

mirkoj

Post by mirkoj » 14 Mar 2013, 16:10

there was an article talking about autodesk and guy that founded it. I really really didn't bother to remember names and stuff like that but one think that did stick to me that it was only and only about money money money. so his philosophy and goals are ripling from start to this days through every single piece of autodesk.
but even money it self i if not a problem when company gives good product, but this is ripping people off. nice business model...
just wait for must log online and monthly fee for usage model of business.... or even to start paying for every single second when software is started and ofc it has to be online and connected to AD licence servers.
forget about cofe breaks when every second of up time is charged by AD :)

OzAdi

Post by OzAdi » 14 Mar 2013, 17:05

The wiki page had a shortcut link list dividing the new features to sections at the top:

Installation
Basic
ICE
Rendering
Texturing

and so on...

I clicked BASIC, started reading through, thought to my self.. nice.. nice.. got to the end of the page,
then I realized it was the end of the whole new feature list, not the BASIC section... :((

sigh....

mixepix

Post by mixepix » 14 Mar 2013, 17:12

Oh, man! I really hope that there is more than this. I'm usually OK with the updates but if this is it then it's absolutely crap. And we didn't even get an advantage pack last year. :(
----------------------------------------
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen

ace63

Post by ace63 » 14 Mar 2013, 18:13

Well when working as a VFX professional why buy any AMD graphics cards?