ToddAkita ICE Design Tools

New plugins, tools etc.
Mathaeus

ToddAkita ICE Design Tools

Post by Mathaeus » 24 Sep 2012, 10:57

There is a PDF to download from area link. Looks like a small grammar, that every ICE warrior should have in bag. Basic math and like. Great link for RTFM-ing as well.

SamHowell

Re: ToddAkita ICE Design Tools

Post by SamHowell » 24 Sep 2012, 11:08

Thanks for posting this, very usefull.

dwigfor

Post by dwigfor » 24 Sep 2012, 20:08

Thanks for the link! Wish I had this 2 years ago when I started relearning all this math... ICE does make learning this stuff so much easier, especially with it's debugging show values tool.

nuverian

Post by nuverian » 04 Oct 2012, 00:10

Nice read/reference.. Thanks!
Portfolio / Blog
http://www.nuverian.net

SreckoM

Post by SreckoM » 04 Oct 2012, 11:50

dwigfor wrote:Thanks for the link! Wish I had this 2 years ago when I started relearning all this math... ICE does make learning this stuff so much easier, especially with it's debugging show values tool.
Could not agree more!
- H -

iamVFX

Post by iamVFX » 04 Oct 2012, 18:41

I wish someone would solve or explain navier-stokes equation in ICE :ymdaydream:

dwigfor

Post by dwigfor » 04 Oct 2012, 20:48

iamVFX wrote:I wish someone would solve or explain navier-stokes equation in ICE :ymdaydream:
From Wikipedia:
The Navier–Stokes equations are also of great interest in a purely mathematical sense. Somewhat surprisingly, given their wide range of practical uses, mathematicians have not yet proven that in three dimensions solutions always exist (existence), or that if they do exist, then they do not contain any singularity (smoothness). These are called the Navier–Stokes existence and smoothness problems. The Clay Mathematics Institute has called this one of the seven most important open problems in mathematics and has offered a US$1,000,000 prize for a solution or a counter-example.[1] $-)

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 04 Oct 2012, 21:18

Brief history of fluid solvers

In the 18th and 19th century a mathematical model was developed for fluid flows, the so-called Navier Stokes Equations.

In the middle of the 20th century, when computers started to play an important role in research and development, algorithms were developed to solve these equations, therefore allowing simulations of fluid flows. The simulations were accurate, but required enormous calculations.

In the 1990s Jos Stam developed a fluid solver based on the Navier Stokes Equations. Its purpose was not to simulate real fluid flows, but to create visual effects that look like real fluid flows. And, most important, to allow computers to calculate those effects in real-time. I believe the main ideas in his paper "Real-Time fluid Dynamics for Games" are found in any existing fluid solver on the market.

Last summer (2007) my friend Oliver W. (pixelpanic) asked me to code a simple fluid plug-in for XSI. Actually, he had been bugging me with that for over three years! Anyway, I was at his place for a few days and that's where we made the first beta version of emFluid for Softimage|XSI.
(Source)

Moderator edit: added quote tags and a link to the source - HB