Hello community! I've been lurking around for a while now and decided it was time I contributed a little.
At the request of some of my colleagues, I started a blog where I will write tools for animators and detail my thought process while doing it. I intend to put up a new tool each week (or at least try to, depending on my schedule). So far I have posted 3 simple tools in posts detailing how I approached each of them. If you don't want to know how to write them yourselves and just want the scripts, there is a download section where the tools can be grabbed without suffering through my jibber-jabber. Some tools will be pure scripts, some plugins, some ICE compounds, special views, etc.
Tools available right now:
1. Keep Ref keys (tool that cleans up the timeline of an object based on a second "reference" object)
2. Change Interpolation (switches the FCurves of the selected object to spline, constant, or linear)
3. Match All Transforms (the softimage built-in tool is buggy when working with keyed rotations, this one isn't)
4. Point Tracker (this tool creates nulls constrained on every selected vertex through an ICETree)
5. Copy Animation (this tool simplifies the copy/paste animation workflow)
I know that what is available right now is pretty basic and simple, don't worry, I'm just going through the simple ones first so I can get a hang of writing a post each week. I also need to figure out the proper approach to explaining them which is why they might not follow the same "pattern" just yet.
I have a couple of ideas for what will come next including some fun scripting/ICE combos but I am also open to suggestions and requests.
Direct link to the download section: http://philmelancon.wordpress.com/downloads/
Feel free to drop me a line if you have an idea for more animation tools or even a suggestion for the way I present them, I don't plan on stopping anytime soon and I do like a challenge once in a while!