mCleaner and other tools

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

m|Cleaner 1.41Author: Martin Yara
Updated July 2014. mCleaner is a »dashboard« full of functions for quickly cleaning various sections of the current scene like unneeded clusters/properties/groups/material libs/UVs/clips/layers etc. Each of mCleaner's functions may also be executed in »check only« mode which only logs the objects that would be deleted. See this screenshot for a feature overview of an older version of mCleaner.

The 1.41 update adds the following (from the si-community thread): Undo, you can undo ! yay! Added Delete ICE trees, Partitions, and some other garbage Move unused textures to your backup folder option added (Only works with textures inside the picture folder) Everything has been reorganized in separated commands so you can customize your own tool some other minor changes, gui adjustments, etc. to make my life easier, and hopefully yours too.

The download page includes updated usage instructions. Visit Martin's new company website http://www.skymill.co.jp (Japanese)

local backup: mCleaner.xsiaddon
Evenly Spaced EdgesAuthor: Martin Yara
Averages the edge lengths in a selected edgeloop or a closed edgeloop. This is plugin file, copy to a Plugins directory of your choice (user, workgroup). It will add a menu entry 'Evenly Spaced Edge' inside the MCP transform menu. Demonstration video available here.

Based on Alen Fregtman's evenCurves.py script which does the same for curves. Loosely related to Andy Nicholas' popular »Taut« plugin.

local backup: mEvenlySpaceEdge.py (copy to a Plugins folder)

New plugins, tools etc.
myara

mCleaner and other tools

Post by myara » 12 Mar 2012, 17:58

I wanted to share with you an addon I've been writing for a while.
It's nothing fancy, actually pretty boring but I find it very useful at least for my work.
It's a tool that makes all that boring stuff for me.

Delete, and renames clusters, envelopes, t.projections, properties, etc.
Basically it checks and cleans objects and scenes. But it has so many functions that I won't be writing all of that here.

http://myara.web.fc2.com/mCleaner.html
(The page is in japanese, Scroll down for english)
A lot of that is based in scripts from other authors like Junki, Bernard Lebel, toussa, RIngPull, André Adam, etc.

And well, I have some other useful and not so useful scripts I think I haven't shared them yet here. If you want to take a look:
http://myara.web.fc2.com/scripts.html

I hope you find some of this useful.

PS: I did my best to debug it but, it may still contain some bugs.

Newcomer (<28 :D posts) alert: please use the URL tags - HB
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)

origin

Re: mCleaner and other tools

Post by origin » 12 Mar 2012, 21:04

thanks

diissar

Post by diissar » 13 Mar 2012, 01:57

You have some really nice scripts on your website,Minna to share o shitekurete arigatou gozaimasu :)

danyargici

Post by danyargici » 13 Mar 2012, 10:00

It's funny, some people get really excited about the latest ICE-node or super-cool physics tool, but this is possibly the greatest, most useful plugin I've seen in ages! Thanks for sharing! :-bd

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 13 Mar 2012, 11:29

danyargici wrote:It's funny, some people get really excited about the latest ICE-node or super-cool physics tool, but this is possibly the greatest, most useful plugin I've seen in ages! Thanks for sharing! :-bd
QFA. I haven't tried it yet, but, judging from the webpage, mCleaner looks like a real "life-saver"...
Thanks! :ymhug:
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

myara

Post by myara » 13 Mar 2012, 15:22

I'm glad you find it useful. Sometimes our clients are very picky with their project norms, so I wrote this general check tool.

I forgot to mention, if you press Ctrl while clicking (or middle click in Edit Menu to repeat), it will run the ObjCleaner with the last settings. This works only with ObjCleaner.
I totally forgot about it, I'll have to write it in the website.

PS: Sorry! I just found a bug with Bounding Box and fixed it and added log reports to Find Ngons and Find Double Edges.
M.Yara

myara

Post by myara » 15 Mar 2012, 06:00

Updated !
v1.2 released

Overlapping Component selection added.
Added Progress Bar to Find Doule Edges and some other minor changes.
Other Tools GUI slightly modified.
Help file added (a local copy of the website)
Japanese support added (GUI only).
Now the GUI language can be easily modified with a function inside the Plugin named "layN()". Feel free to change it to your language.

Note: Since this addon is using a preferences file, you need to delete that file too to see the changes. I included an uninstaller to make this easier.

What kind of tool is that ! two updates in less than a week ?!

Sorry, but I wanted this new function to check overlapping points and polygons, so I wrote it yesterday and since I already wrote, why not share it ?
M.Yara

ActionArt

Post by ActionArt » 15 Mar 2012, 15:17

A much needed tool! Thank you!

Ramon

Post by Ramon » 15 Mar 2012, 19:12

Great tools. Thanks!!!

kcsaba

Post by kcsaba » 18 Mar 2013, 11:44

This is very handy tool! However I am not able to delete unfold props. Someone can confirm this? I am on 2013 sp1/ win7 x64.

Csaba
csk

kcsaba

Post by kcsaba » 18 Mar 2013, 11:55

Sry Myara! 2 xsi ran in a same time when I installed the addon, I believe that was the problem!
kcsaba wrote:This is very handy tool! However I am not able to delete unfold props. Someone can confirm this? I am on 2013 sp1/ win7 x64.

Csaba
csk

myara

Post by myara » 06 Dec 2013, 16:57

I wrote a new version. It is still in "beta" test but so far it seems to work fine.

https://www.4shared.com/download/MAtvHj ... r.xsiaddon

If you have a previous mCleaner version you may need to uninstall it and delete it's preferences file before installing this one. I've included a few lines to make it easier to uninstall this version though.

I'm writing a manual for this so maybe in a few weeks I'll release it with a manual :D

Changes:

- Undo, you can undo ! yay!
- Added Delete ICE trees, Partitions, and some other garbage
- Move unused textures to your backup folder option added. (Only works with textures inside the picture folder)
- Everything was been reorganized in separated commands so you can customize your own tool.
- some other minor changes, gui adjustments, etc. to make my life easier, and hopefully yours too.

Now you have commands like :
mCleanObj (clean objects)
mCleanScn (clean scene parameters and things like that)
mCleanClusters ( clean clusters )
mRenCls ( rename clusters )
mCleanProps ( clean properties )

etc, etc.

You can just run it with the options you like and use the logged command to make your own button.

If you don't want to wait for my manual (that can take weeks because I write it in my free time) you can check the plugin comments.
M.Yara

NNois

Post by NNois » 09 Dec 2013, 23:57

yeah, the softimage essential tool is back !
We seriously need a repository for these kind of tools...

myara

Post by myara » 14 Jul 2014, 15:27

Fixed a few bugs and added a help file. No major changes but in case you are interested :

http://www.skymill.co.jp/tools/Softimag ... leaner.htm
M.Yara

rray

Post by rray » 14 Jul 2014, 16:10

Neat! thanks for posting Martin

I noticed the explorer html menu for the english version doesn't work, might be on my side of the connection
softimage resources section updated Jan 5th 2024

myara

Post by myara » 15 Jul 2014, 08:49

rray wrote:Neat! thanks for posting Martin

I noticed the explorer html menu for the english version doesn't work, might be on my side of the connection
It works fine here with Chrome and IE 11. What problems are you having ? And what browser are you using ?
M.Yara