Kristinka C

New plugins, tools etc.
Werner

Re: Kristinka C

Post by Werner » 12 May 2010, 17:55

Thanks for the response Mathaeus. I'm loving Kristinka C more and more. The amount of control is insane.

I have another question...
I tried to use the Self.ShapeSizeAbsolute attribute on the strands to make sure that render strand size is correct based on distance to camera, but it does not seem to work. Any ideas?

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 20 May 2010, 16:42

Hi all,

just to let to know that 3delight guys added support for ICE strands rendering. Downloads are here. For now, only strand segment type seems to be supported, but just this one is default for kH nodes.

Cheers

JPWestmas

Post by JPWestmas » 08 Mar 2012, 19:52

Well, I've just learned about this this Kristinka thing after discovering some disheartening limitations about xsi hair guides.

So are these strand nodes ready for production or is this still a experimental kind of situation here? I'd like to test this stuff out and want to be sure I have the latest updates. Thanks for any assistance.

JPWestmas

Post by JPWestmas » 08 Mar 2012, 19:55

I think I found them on your site Mathaeus. Thanks.

joquer

Post by joquer » 15 Aug 2012, 16:23

Wonderfull tools Mathaeus. You rock.

The only thing is that "Get Self.KH_StrandTangent" produce NAN or INF in my case. I had to clamp the vector between -1,-1,-1 and 1,1,1 in kH3 Push and kH3 Randomize to get rid of these value.
Perhaps I messed something somewhere. But it seems to be redundant each time I build a new tree from scratch on different topo.

I use 2013 and Kh3.

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 16 Aug 2012, 11:28

joquer wrote:Wonderfull tools Mathaeus. You rock.

The only thing is that "Get Self.KH_StrandTangent" produce NAN or INF in my case. I had to clamp the vector between -1,-1,-1 and 1,1,1 in kH3 Push and kH3 Randomize to get rid of these value.
Perhaps I messed something somewhere. But it seems to be redundant each time I build a new tree from scratch on different topo.

I use 2013 and Kh3.
Hello,

Unfortunately there's always a chance for NaN with computing tangents, generally it happens when distance between strand positions is to small (by some ICE criteria) for "normalize" node. There is a number of built-in clamps, for preventing possible overlaps of strand position, especially with re-generating strand array (kH strand length or kH subdivide), but I don't see the way for every possible case.
Btw both modifiers expects some "form" node before, "form" node creates a main shape and both deformation vectors ( tangent and up vector).

I think it worth to try to re-create kH tangent attribute, by plugging strand position into "kH Get Tangents", saving this as Self.kH_StrandTangent attribute. There's also small chance for killed/optimized previous computation of tangents.

Tangents are computed just by creating two arrays from strand position, one without first member, another without last one, subtracting and duplicating the last member. That I know, there are differences, how Softimage versions are sensitive to fancy operations with array, but this one should be enough ordinary, for my taste.

joquer

Post by joquer » 16 Aug 2012, 15:53

Ok I will try this. thanks.

I have the "shuffled" color bug too.
I get the hair color from a texture map, and when I increase the hair number, It get totally mixed.
I tried several way to re-assigned the correct color, but whereas the display is correct in the Viewport, the render is messed up.

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 16 Aug 2012, 16:13

joquer wrote:Ok I will try this. thanks.

I have the "shuffled" color bug too.
I get the hair color from a texture map, and when I increase the hair number, It get totally mixed.
I tried several way to re-assigned the correct color, but whereas the display is correct in the Viewport, the render is messed up.
Looks like revamp of this one. If so, I'm afraid I can't help.

Cheers

joquer

Post by joquer » 16 Aug 2012, 18:19

Yes it is the same problem.

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 16 Aug 2012, 20:28

well, to bad this issue with MR is here again. About another renderers, that I know, ICE strands including kH stuff, are successfully rendered with Arnold, 3delight and V-Ray. For last two, I even know who from dev team played exactly with Kristinka Hair.

If you can render in previous version of SI, as it seems ICE strands worked properly in some, at least you can export ICE tree back to these versions ( I never tried this, but should work with kH stuff). So, you can try this:
1: connect all nodes to an "execute" ICE node
2: select everything except main ICE node
3: create ICE compound, export it
4: in older version, be sure kH nodes are recognized (you see them in preset manager)
5: import ICE compound, explode it

cheers

farhaad_yousefi

Post by farhaad_yousefi » 27 Aug 2012, 02:24

hi
i can not go finishing the tutorials .. starting from crating mesh stripes..so i can make a awesome set..but no dynamics.. :D
is there a good tutorial on how to dynamic the hairs..in syflex and ice nodes.? :ympray: