moody operator

Issues concerning rigging & Face Robot...
craft

moody operator

Post by craft » 19 May 2010, 16:23

i've been using a scripted operator multiple times on a rig and it all worked fine on my machine. i then sent this rig to the client and all of a sudden they just won't update on some of their machines.
all this is doing is read the global kinematics of three objects, perform some vector math with them according to a couple more parameters and output to the global kinematics on a fourth object.
Even more strange, i'm on a winXPx32 and it is working on some of their win7x64 but not some winXPx32, like mine.
Does anyone know of any issues what could be causing the scops to not update? :-?
Oh! we're all with Softimage 2010.

Ahmidou

Re: moody operator

Post by Ahmidou » 20 May 2010, 09:56

Hi Thiago
This is looking strange, is it a self-installed scop? what language have you used?
Your client should look if there is any error message on scene opening, or if it's an embed scop
edit it, add a space or a comment and reapply it, then see if errors are logged.

craft

Re: moody operator

Post by craft » 20 May 2010, 22:02

Ahmidou wrote:what language have you used?
thank you very much Ahmidou!!
how clumsy can i get? i thought i had written them in JScript and i wrote them in Phyton. i was so sure of it that I rejected the possibility without checking untill you reminded me of it b-(
Some of the client's machines didn't have python installed and that's why it didn't work.
thanks again for the enlightenment!
Capture2.gif
Capture2.gif (148.84 KiB) Viewed 954 times