Lipsync from Facerobot - Help getting animation values

Issues concerning rigging & Face Robot...
Nick3d

Lipsync from Facerobot - Help getting animation values

Post by Nick3d » 26 Nov 2014, 15:48

Hi guys,
I'm trying to transfer some phonemes shapes from FaceRobot to Maya.
Main purpouse would be to extract all the phonemes from FaceRobot ( while setting the lipsync ), transfer all the meshes to Maya, set them as BlendShapes and be able to animated them via SDKs automatically, in order to have a Blendshape facial animation driven automatically.
Once that is done I would be able to transfer the same blendshape animation to different characters by changing the blendshape "master" with the "Bake topology" tool.

I'm having some troubles getting animation data ( curves/whatever ) from the lipsync viewer.

In the first attached image ( FR_1.jpg ) you can see the lipsync viewer with the phonemes displayed together with the audio ( audio is the default one from Softimage ).
If I edit the phoneme I can set the values manually.
The value, in the script editor ( FR_2.jpg ), is set, but I notice that the phoneme is not listed with its name ( should be "ah" ) but with 0, means that is listed as the first phoneme in the sentence.
So as you can see in the next image ( FR_3.jpg ) the phoneme "C" is listed to be the 7th phoneme in the sentence, and so on...

This is a big issue because what I would like to do is to get the value ( 0 to 1 ) of the phoneme "ah" ( and all the others ) at runtime, so that value will drive the Blendshapes in Maya.

I also tried to see if the visemes list under the Mixer node ( see FR_4 ) would give me some values, but as far as I can see nor the properties nor the animation editor would give me a curve or values of that phoneme at that specific frame.

I'm also open to other solutions/suggestions ( maybe just bake the bones animation, import them into Maya and create some scripts with constraint/offset controllers in order to apply the lipsync to my character inside Maya, but Blendshapes method looks faster and less complicated to setup )....or ICE maybe?

Suggestions?

Cheers

FR_4.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/2vk0pdw.jpg
Attachments
FR_3.JPG
FR_2.JPG
FR_1.JPG