ICE for face shapes and custom parameter set

Issues concerning rigging & Face Robot...
colour

Re: ICE for face shapes and custom parameter set

Post by colour » 13 Jun 2013, 23:49

Eric, as far as your instruction:
Why do you need the parameter connection editor at all? Everything you need is in ICE. The Value port of the node representing the scalar slider will plug into the blend port of the blend shape node. You can then do any of the math in between to get the control you're looking for.
I'm not clear on the Ice process to replace a link with multi process for one pset slider to control two shapes. one from 0->1 and two from 1->1.3 for instance. The second shape only kicks in once the first shape is at its full extent.

Not essential, but would be nice to know. :)

EricTRocks

Post by EricTRocks » 13 Jun 2013, 23:59

Well custom param sets aren't permanent, no but they are not likely to get frozen off when you select the object and hit freeze. :D It's more about storing the information into action clips for storing / reapplying. Not to mention you may need those sliders to trigger other things outside of just blend shapes.

You can have those custom parameters driven by link withs from positions of controls. Then still pull those params into the ICE Tree to drive the blends. Or you can pull in your kine.local.posy of a control then rescale that value to 0-1 but whatever range you feel gives the best interaction and precision to the animator. You can also rescale that same posy value from 1-2 to 0-1 to drive your cheek shape. I can try to post a screen shot tonight if I have time.
Eric Thivierge
Lead Kraken Developer, Fabric Engine
http://fabric-engine.github.io/Kraken

colour

Post by colour » 14 Jun 2013, 00:32

Thanks Eric. Much appreciated

colour

Post by colour » 19 Jun 2013, 18:38

Ok so I have one character with 3 heads. I created each head with its own face shapes setup with ice and linked to a pset, saved each as a model. I import them into a scene with my body, and one works, two don't (the face shapes I mean). I then save them as scenes rather and merge with the body scene and they all work. I close the scene and re-open it and one of the head's face shapes stop working again.

When I select the head and go into ice, the 'broken' ones all for some reason have red and yellow compounds, so this doesn't seem to stable to say the least.

Can anyone give me any advice to keep these face shape ice trees stable? Or is it the combo of the ice trees and custom psets and models that isn't working?
Last edited by colour on 19 Jun 2013, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

EricTRocks

Post by EricTRocks » 19 Jun 2013, 18:56

You are probably running into namespace issues. Are the blend shapes still on the mesh and named exactly the same as when you exported them?
Eric Thivierge
Lead Kraken Developer, Fabric Engine
http://fabric-engine.github.io/Kraken

colour

Post by colour » 19 Jun 2013, 19:00

I'll check that when back at work thanks.