Facerobot - Jaw animation linked to null

Issues concerning rigging & Face Robot...
Nick3d

Facerobot - Jaw animation linked to null

Post by Nick3d » 22 Aug 2012, 17:32

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to setup a face motion tracking in Softimage and I'm using one of the scene shipped within Softimage to test this rig ( Falco or something like that )

Well, basically I get the motion from a jpg sequence using nulls ( on the mouth and jaw ) and parent the nulls to the controllers on the face.

Main problem now is that all the controls on the lips are movine fine, but the one on the jaw is not.
I think I know the problem, I suppose that is looking for a rotation value instead of a move value...

Is there a way to transform the move value into a rotating value and parent it to the controller on the jaw generated by facerobot?

I hope I've been clear enough...

If you know any other solution please let me know

Kerro Perro

Re: Facerobot - Jaw animation linked to null

Post by Kerro Perro » 22 Aug 2012, 19:02

I'm very new to this stuff but maybe vector (the move value) to scalar and then scalar to rotation? I've just done something like that here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2667 only problem is that you have to fiddle with angle... hard to explain, you'll see ;)

Nick3d

Post by Nick3d » 22 Aug 2012, 22:41

Kerro Perro wrote:I'm very new to this stuff but maybe vector (the move value) to scalar and then scalar to rotation? I've just done something like that here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2667 only problem is that you have to fiddle with angle... hard to explain, you'll see ;)
I'm really bad at ICE...well, lets say I almost never even open the ICE tree until a couple of days ago...what a shame!
Anyway I tought something like that and I think that is time for me to learn a little bit of ICE in order to solve simple problems :)
Thanks

grahamef

Post by grahamef » 22 Aug 2012, 22:54

Just a thought... Maybe put a null where the jaw root should be and use a Direction constraint to make it point at the tracked jaw marker.

Nick3d

Post by Nick3d » 23 Aug 2012, 14:38

grahamef wrote:Just a thought... Maybe put a null where the jaw root should be and use a Direction constraint to make it point at the tracked jaw marker.
The strange thing is that if I move manually the controller on the jaw ( it move local ) bone that Facerobot creates it moves accordingly to the jaw fulcrum, but if I constrain it to the null is not moving.
Anyway I'll try this soluton, thanks :)