newbie FR integration Q

Issues concerning rigging & Face Robot...
demoan6666

newbie FR integration Q

Post by demoan6666 » 26 Oct 2011, 01:42

hi everyone,
*this is a copy paste from xsibase*

i was trying my hand with integrating FR into a body rig ...and still keep the facial control of the FR(so i can animate the face with along with the rest of the body).
after the FR rig, in order to make the eyes/tongue/teeth follow the head bone i just parented the headnull of FR to the headbone and turn off only the facemesh, this seems to work ok.

about the head dan lane (xsibase member) suggested i try shape animation to a duplicate head mesh, which seemed to worked fine untill i enveloped it to the rig.
i applied shape transfer to a duplicate head (in order to inherit the animation from the FR head) however when i envelope it to the body rig, it doest quite follow the rig.
i thought i was doing the enveloping wrong, however when i switched the shape animation off the enveloping worked just fine. so its the shape animation that's hindering the envelope to act as it should.
i would indeed appreciate if anyone could provide a solution or some workaround to this issue.

thanks
m

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: newbie FR integration Q

Post by Hirazi Blue » 26 Oct 2011, 10:35

Do you already know this article by Jeff Wilson over at Stephen Blair's support page,
Face Robot workflow tips for combining heads with bodies,
which seems to suggest a different workflow altogether?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

demoan6666

Re: newbie FR integration Q

Post by demoan6666 » 29 Oct 2011, 14:23

thanks for the help, yeah i read it, and tried that workflow as well. but i was wondering since that article is 2 years old, things might have changed, however didnt find much online about working with FR heads in the whole body rig. it would be great to be able to animate the FR head and the body together simultaneously.
maybe just wishful thinking!
i got a tip in xsibase that i can use more than one envelope using clusters, i will try that. and post results later.

thanks
m