Face Robot - Region Editing

Issues concerning rigging & Face Robot...
cYbernation

Face Robot - Region Editing

Post by cYbernation » 22 Jul 2012, 09:24

I’m currently in the process of Rigging and Animating my first Head with Face Robot.
I’m working through the process with the learning movies from the wiki page and the first few chapters all worked pretty well for me, although I head a bit more envelope weight painting to do then suggested in the video.
Now I came to the point were it’s time to edit the regions and like suggested I move the handles for the region into a pose and then up the strength or multiplier. My problem is, that the strength setting doesn’t do anything in terms of deformation or bulging, no matter what value I put in.
The only thing that gets me an increase in deformation if I increase the value of the first key in the curve window, but that doesn’t seem to be the way to go I guess. Also bringing the second key to the left which should result in changes won’t do anything at all.
I hope someone can understand my problem and maybe knows a way to fix it.

cYbernation

Re: Face Robot - Region Editing

Post by cYbernation » 25 Jul 2012, 15:44

anyone please ? :/
Now I found out that some regions work the way they should be, but that some of them are kinda reversed. For example the forehead regions only inflate when I push the handles down but not when up. I'm kinda at the end of my wits.