Point oven .lwo export

Issues concerning rigging & Face Robot...
Pancho

Point oven .lwo export

Post by Pancho » 03 Jun 2011, 12:32

Is there a trick to export all the polymeshes in place? In my case I got eyes parented to a charakter. If I use point oven export there's no menu giving me any choices. So, if I open up the file in Modo the eyes position is not in the head, but at the origin of the 3d space. Using obj export works correctly. Eyes are in the eye sockets. Any chance to get this done with point oven in the same manner?

BTW, I'm new to rigging. The eyes are transformed by lattices. Eyes are parented to the lattice and lattices are parented to the skull bone. Is this the correct approach? Or would I make the eyes part of the main object and use clusters to use the lattice deformer and the direction constraint only on the eye polys? I guess in order to have facial animation the lattices need to be enveloped too so that extreme facial gestures still work with the eyes in place and shape?

Cheers and thanks in advance

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: Point oven .lwo export

Post by Hirazi Blue » 03 Jun 2011, 12:51

Not sure, but maybe "freezing all transforms" on the objects
before exporting might help...
:-\
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Pancho

Post by Pancho » 03 Jun 2011, 13:01

I'll give it a try!

kiwimation

Post by kiwimation » 06 Jun 2011, 01:19

What i normaly do when i Pointoven meshes to lightwave is to export the mesh and also a one frame mdd. Load the lwos in modo and add the mdd and things should be placed correctly.