Fighting the depression

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
McNistor

Re: Fighting the depression

Post by McNistor » 12 Mar 2014, 14:03

Anyone else experiencing an eerie feeling when launching Softimage and its interface appears? You know the feeling you have when you see a movie about a prisoner sentenced to death and how he's still alive yet everyone looks at him as if he'd be already dead.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

Pancho

Post by Pancho » 12 Mar 2014, 15:44

More like looking a child that doesn't now of its terminal illness.

rray

Post by rray » 12 Mar 2014, 15:58

Someone posted this scene from the Matrix, don't remember who... For me it will be forever associated with the events around Softimage because it's such a fitting description of what happened.

softimage resources section updated Jan 5th 2024

Eugen

Post by Eugen » 12 Mar 2014, 16:41

My 'therapy' to get over this whole affair at this time is reading forum posts all the time... it's crazy, like an addiction!

In the meantime I accepted the inevitable, and, believe it or not, I'm happy that it's over. Nothing's worse than uncertainty... thanks to that company starting with an A like... *

Started playing with the interfaces of Modo and Blender. I feel like an absolute noob... rough times ahead...
I have no clue at this time what road to go down. My workflow was pretty optimized, and my muscle memory trained since years.
Need to take a deep breath now, dive in, and brace for some frustration...

steve22

Post by steve22 » 12 Mar 2014, 17:33

These quotes inspire me..
"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." - Thich Nhat Hanh

"Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keep friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment." - Greenville Kleisser

McNistor

Post by McNistor » 13 Mar 2014, 17:16

rray wrote:Someone posted this scene from the Matrix, don't remember who... For me it will be forever associated with the events around Softimage because it's such a fitting description of what happened.
Actually it is not a fitting description of what happened. At least not yet.
As of now, Tank is nowhere to be seen. That's one way to see it.
The other way which is most likely to be more accurate is that Cypher did pull the plug on Neo and he will never be the one.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides