I just wanted to share a render test I created with RedShift for Softimage. This was all rendered out in one shot from one single scene. The end result was astonishing ! Flicker free !
Video link: https://vimeo.com/63799468
The render settings were as follows:
- Baked in Ambient Occlusion, Samples = 80
- Baked in Depth of Field, Samples = 96
- Maximum Anti Aliasing settings [ 256 samples / pixel ]
- Global Illumination set to Brute Force; 128 Number of Rays
- Optimization > Maximum Trace Depth > Refraction = 0 and Reflection = 2
- SSS Rate set to ‘Very High’ ; Num of GI Rays set to 512
- The scene used one Physical Directional Light, an Environment Camera Lens Shader, and used the default Softimage noIcon image in the Bokeh Image of the DOF Lens Shader to give it that nice ‘Photographic’ impression.
Total Render time was around 22 hours on an Nvidia Geforce GT 640 2GB.
The full body shots took anywhere from 2:30 to 3:30 minutes per frame.
The close up shots took about 6:30 to 8:30 minutes per frame.
Please share your comments and critiques. I would love to hear your opinions ^_^