Mailing List Issues (A fix?)

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
danyargici

Re: Mailing List Issues (A fix?)

Post by danyargici » 31 May 2012, 10:16

Hey guys, it's gone again for me. Anyone else?

When I look at the google archive it looks like it cut off at exactly the same time.

nbreslow

Post by nbreslow » 31 May 2012, 15:13

Same here - this is really frustrating.

-N

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 31 May 2012, 16:48

I see a pattern here: Softimage @ the Area, the Softimage WIKI and now the Softimage Mailing List... And still there are some who claim the critics within the user base are the sole reason for all the rumors, fears and "bad press" (and Softimage's hypothetical ultimate demise).
:((
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

danyargici

Post by danyargici » 31 May 2012, 16:56

OK, I just received a flood of mails from the last two days... everything seems to be back in order again.

nbreslow

Post by nbreslow » 31 May 2012, 17:00

And now its back - same thing, a flood. Getting annoying..

-N

luceric

Post by luceric » 31 May 2012, 19:29

Hirazi Blue wrote:I see a pattern here: Softimage @ the Area, the Softimage WIKI and now the Softimage Mailing List... And still there are some who claim the critics within the user base are the sole reason for all the rumors, fears and "bad press" (and Softimage's hypothetical ultimate demise).
:((
There can be temporary technical glitches with computers, no one is immune to that. And the move to The Area happened 4 years ago, btw.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 31 May 2012, 19:55

Wow, you're consistent, I'll give you that.
And yes, I already know the move to the Area didn't happen yesterday.
My inclusion of the Mailing List in the list of things where Softimage doesn't shine anymore has nothing to do with these technical glitches per se btw, but with the way these technical glitches are apparently being handled (just look at your own answers to my posts in this thread). I should have made this much clearer in my previous post, you're absolutely right. Thanks for pointing that out!
:ymhug:
(And btw that wasn't even the main point I attempted to make with my previous post...)

luceric

Post by luceric » 31 May 2012, 22:48

Hirazi Blue wrote:Wow, you're consistent, I'll give you that.
And yes, I already know the move to the Area didn't happen yesterday.
My inclusion of the Mailing List in the list of things where Softimage doesn't shine anymore has nothing to do with these technical glitches per se btw, but with the way these technical glitches are apparently being handled (just look at your own answers to my posts in this thread).
I've rechecked my posts here, I don't know how this recent mailing list issue could be handled better. We have immediately logged on the listproc server to figure out what the problem could be, I've re-enabled the google archive group and helped dozens of people getting back on, stephens also did that and re-enabled hundreds afaik. I've posted info as I got it. It's a difficult problem to diagnose and we're still not sure which server or gateway has gotten flaky. Now we've asked more help from I.T. It's never happened since the server switch in 2008 and other mailing lists on the same server seem unaffected.

as for the wiki, we know what's going there to and I've worked on it as well with other people.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 01 Jun 2012, 13:42

It seems the Google Groups Archive and the mail-archive are more or less in sync now, which in itself seems a good sign. As I have unsubscribed earlier I can't judge what percentage actually makes it through, but the two archives apparently picking up the same set of mail sure looks promising.

@luceric - if you "enjoy" constantly misinterpreting my words, be my guest! I won't try to explain myself any further, as I am sure you do already actually know what I was trying to say... If not: tough luck for both of us...
;)