XSI to Fusion - Camera orientation wrong in FBX import

Discussions about FX-Tree and Compositing generally
iMax

XSI to Fusion - Camera orientation wrong in FBX import

Post by iMax » 11 Feb 2017, 23:17

Hi,

I have a very simple scene with a couple of 3D objects and an animated camera (pan) facing the objects (done in XSI 7), which I would like to import into BMD Fusion. For some reason, the camera orientation is wrong in Fusion, where it seems to either be turned 90 degrees to the left or right of the objects (this changes depending if I include all or only some of the objects in the FBX export). I have already successfully imported FBX scenes from XSI into Fusion, although they originated in Matchmover and were created via VBS script in XSI.

I tried various FBX exporter/importer options without success. Is there anything I need to be aware of when creating the camera? By the way, I also tested this with a non-animated camera, which is also facing in the wrong direction. I assume it is something trivial, which I overlook or do not fully understand.

Fabian

Re: XSI to Fusion - Camera orientation wrong in FBX import

Post by Fabian » 18 Apr 2017, 21:50

Haven't played with fusion but maybe something to do with Y-Up vs. Z-Up if Fusion thinks the files comes from max. Or check the order of rotation in the kinematics local transform? Otherwise try plotting the camera motion in xsi first, might be you have a constraint on the camera and that isn't exporting.

Best of luck,
Fabian