my VRayMtl Compound with texmap multipliers

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Loki's vRayMtl CompoundAuthor: Loki @si-communiy
I just built a Compound shader that extends the current VRayMtl shader with texture inputs and multiplier values for each texture. I reorganized a bit the PPG, due to integrate the texture input ports on bottom of each Tab.

With this compound you can independently manage the color and the texture of each texturable parameter like Diffuse, Reflection, Refraction and so on... as the 3dsmax VRayMtl shader do. On the Compound node I exposed only the texturable ports.

local backup: Loki_VRayMtl.xsirtcompound

Discussions regarding Materials, Material-Compounds or Shaders, etc.
Loki

my VRayMtl Compound with texmap multipliers

Post by Loki » 23 Aug 2013, 18:08

I just built a Compound shader that extend the current VRayMtl shader with texture inputs and multipiler values for each texture
I reorganized a bit the PPG, due to integrate the texture input ports on bottom of each Tab.
With this compound you can manage indipendently the color and the texture of each texturable parameter like Diffuse, Reflection, Refraction and so on... as the 3dsmax VRayMtl shader do.
On the Compound node I exposed only the texturable ports.

Here is the Compound:
Loki_VRayMtl.zip
(9.58 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
And here some screen:
Loki_VRayMtl_Node.jpg
Loki_VRayMtl_PPG.jpg

Loki
(sorry for my english)

Bullit

Re: my VRayMtl Compound with texmap multipliers

Post by Bullit » 23 Aug 2013, 23:45

A bit OT, how do you rate Vray in Softimage, they are giving upgrades?

Loki

Post by Loki » 24 Aug 2013, 13:46

I started to test it just some month ago and I'm using it only in spare time, so I didn't test it completely yet.
But for now, in a scale from 0 to 10, I think I can rate it 8.
I like the integration in Softimage, well made, and seems to be very stable.

In Chaosgroup forum, the staff seems to be careful about users questions and requests and yes, they are giving updates. Not often, but with good improvements. Last update was released this July.

I'm not using it in production yet, I've only an Evaluation License... but if VRay will continue to satisfy me as it are doing now, is quite sure I'll buy a commercial license.
(sorry for my english)

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 24 Aug 2013, 20:27

Thanks for feedback. It is good to know they made a good integration.

Eugen

Post by Eugen » 24 Aug 2013, 21:20

The Chaosgroup guys are supportive and dedicated, and they listen to their customers.
Fully integrating a renderer like this into Softimage is a huge amount of work, and with the roadmap of Softimage being somewhat unclear, we are lucky that they continue to do so! Last year in Siegen they mentioned this being a long-term investment...

adrencg

Post by adrencg » 04 Sep 2013, 20:41

Hopefully they're implementing 3.0, because it looks awesome. But I know they're more MAX-centric.