Toon Ink Lens ... Broken?

Discussions regarding Materials, Material-Compounds or Shaders, etc.
chepmedia

Toon Ink Lens ... Broken?

Post by chepmedia » 02 Jul 2013, 18:46

Never done Toon. Read up on Toon. Went to apply the Toon Lens Shader to the Camera. Not in the list. Selected the Camera, went to the Render Tree, found the Toon Lens Shader there and hand-connected it myself.

I applied Toon Paint and Host to the object and the PAINT is looking like Toon ... But I'm not getting ANY ink lines at all. Adjusted the Spread, checked / unchecked every checkbox... nothing.

Is there some obvious, "you need to pat your head, rub your belly..." dance I need to do to get this to behave?

Thanks

chepmedia

Re: Toon Ink Lens ... Broken?

Post by chepmedia » 02 Jul 2013, 19:01

I started from scratch with a new Pass and ... it seems to work now. Must be something I had set at the Pass level. Strange. Wish I knew what it was but of course, no time to experiment.

Thank you,

Marc

Superpositivo

Post by Superpositivo » 03 Jul 2013, 01:29

Maybe you had some memocams stored? Because there's a bug with that and the lens shader.

The memocam recalls the situation stored at the moment you set a memocam.

So if you store a memocam and then animate your toon shader (or other lens shader) and then recall the memocam, it will clear out all the animation.

With the camera opened in the render tree, when you press the memocam you can see it disconnect in real time the Lens shader from the Camera. If you have more lens shader attached, most of the them just go.

Even more, if you set 1 lens shader, and after store a memocam, and then set another lens shader and store another memocam, each one will recall their situation, in the lens shaders. So 1 memocam will recall 1 lens shader, the other will recall 2 lens shaders. Really odd.

I guess developers should leave untouched the lens shader part from the storing of the memocams.

aloadoftat

Post by aloadoftat » 29 Aug 2013, 22:38

chepmedia wrote:Went to apply the Toon Lens Shader to the Camera. Not in the list.
You can find it in add > insert > more (then it'll open a browser) in the lens shader camera tab of camera properties. Just for future reference to save time manually connecting it