Connect a parameter slider to a Colour RGBA values?

Discussions regarding Materials, Material-Compounds or Shaders, etc.
Draise

Connect a parameter slider to a Colour RGBA values?

Post by Draise » 30 May 2013, 02:21

How can I create a parameter with an expression, in other words a custom parameter page, that will control a colour RGBA values in say a shader node? Do I need to link an expression for each colour valuge to a separate sliders in the parameter page (thus 4 different sliders for the RGBA values with no colour feedback?) Is there any shorthand way to create a colour picker parameter and expression to shortcut link any colour value to a parameter page?

I started with the Custom Parameter Wizard in creating new parameters for ideas, but I have no idea which or where to begin.

Any tips to program a parameter to any colour values would be great!

Thanks.
Attachments
example desire.JPG

caledonian_tartan

Re: Connect a parameter slider to a Colour RGBA values?

Post by caledonian_tartan » 30 May 2013, 09:06

i'd rather use scalar to rgba conversion inside the ice tree, so that you can connect 4 custom parameters.
SI 2015 @ WIN7-64

Draise

Post by Draise » 31 May 2013, 02:21

That could work, but I still would be stuck with parameter sliders... Is there another type of parameter toggle/checkbox/colour picker/parameter that I can use?

luceric

Post by luceric » 01 Jun 2013, 21:30

in your custom property, you have add 4 double parameter, r,g,b, and a and link each of these to the 4 color parameter of the shader's color parameter. you can't use the ui to type the expression, you'll have to type in the expression. then in your custom property you add the color rgba control for the first parameter (red) and it will automatically drive all four parameters. Hide the g, b, and a from the layout.

NNois

Post by NNois » 01 Jun 2013, 21:43

whoo, I note that one !

Draise

Post by Draise » 01 Jun 2013, 23:14

luceric wrote:in your custom property, you have add 4 double parameter, r,g,b, and a and link each of these to the 4 color parameter of the shader's color parameter. you can't use the ui to type the expression, you'll have to type in the expression. then in your custom property you add the color rgba control for the first parameter (red) and it will automatically drive all four parameters. Hide the g, b, and a from the layout.

Wow thanks! This was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much, when I return to work I'll let you know how it goes.

I should try make a quicky tutorial once I get it quick and right :p .