Composite Crops Next to Each Other

Frank1000

Composite Crops Next to Each Other

Post by Frank1000 » 12 Apr 2014, 02:49

Hi, i'm trying to crop the images of a sequence (each from the middle of image, 20 pix width) and re-assemble the cropped slices next to each other (from left to right), to form a large image with all the slices.

Can i do this in FX Tree ? So far i've setup the crop, but wouldn't know if i need a background image to assamble the crop-slices on, and how to position the slices right. Didn't see a positioning / offset option.

Also, what do the "e" and "v" signs mean ? I didn't see a description in the SI Illusion manual for that.

Regards,
Frank

Draise

Re: Composite Crops Next to Each Other

Post by Draise » 12 Apr 2014, 05:45

Great to see fxtree questions with images! Something I can answer!

The "e" means to open up the attribute panel of that node. The equivalent is to double click a node.

The "v" means to view the composite tree up till that node in the active fxviewer.

Concerning crop and transform, try the "3D transform" node. You can scale, rotate and translate your image. You also can set a fixed crop size for the final image right within the same node.

This should help you.

Frank1000

Re: Composite Crops Next to Each Other

Post by Frank1000 » 14 Apr 2014, 00:08

The cropping works fine, but not sure how to assemble them into 1 whole picture.
It probably also would need an initial position for the crops to start laying out next to each other.