Chromatic Aberration with Softimage Illusion

Caveman

Chromatic Aberration with Softimage Illusion

Post by Caveman » 06 Feb 2013, 16:44

Hi I know to make a chromatic aberration effect in fx-tree using expression in the component parser, but what I do not know is how to make the effect appear more in the outer edge and less in the center.

Don't want to leave Softimage just for that :D

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Tekano

Re: Chromatic Aberration with Softimage Illusion

Post by Tekano » 06 Feb 2013, 18:39

or if you have time on your hands just render with the mia Bokeh lens shader with a chromatic aberration distortion image plugged in in like I did :)

not sure how to do it in FXtree but similar there in AFX is a displace by image effect that you could distort the offsets with.

** edit ** ok in fxtree it is called Distort>Bump Distort and you can give it a gradient image which distorts the input
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.

luceric

Post by luceric » 06 Feb 2013, 23:10

In Autodesk Composite, the Lens Blur tool has pretty great chromatic aberration simulation, in addition to other lens effect

sirdavid32

Post by sirdavid32 » 13 Jun 2018, 02:41

It will be amazing. Nowadays with the Nuke model on separating RGB channels and offseting and recompose the image, masking it...

Caveman

Post by Caveman » 14 Jun 2018, 05:12

Haven't used NUKE in a while but last time I used it, I got the Chromatic aberration effect with the help of shuffle node and transforming one of the channels. Presently, when I need to apply that effect on still images I get it done with Photoshop's camera effects.

Necro post I know :D