Removing constraint

exanju

Removing constraint

Post by exanju » 29 Sep 2017, 20:54

Hi everyone..

I'm not too much into scripting but sometimes even I need to try something to optimize the work I'm doing as a fellow necrophile :D

So the question is.. I've added a constraints on a bunch of objects.. Now, after animation, bake I need to remove them.

>> DeleteObj "Hero_Joint_LBicep2.kine.oricns,Hero_Joint_LBicep2.kine.poscns"
So in my simple mind, I need instead of "Hero_Joint_LBicep2" I need to insert some sort of code like "selected objects" and it would delete constraints on those objects.. Would this jigamajig of my work and if yes what do I need to insert if not maybe there is some other way to do it?

Thanks big in advance!!!

FXDude

Re: Removing constraint

Post by FXDude » 29 Sep 2017, 21:38

How about opening the constaint PPG on one of them, then selecting all of them
(while keeping the PPG unlocked or maybe the little face besides the lock which displays settings of the same type)
and then disabling all of them at once (?)

exanju

Post by exanju » 29 Sep 2017, 21:55

hmm.. That would be of the ways.. And I guess I would not need to reapply the constraint if I need to rebake animations yes?

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 29 Sep 2017, 22:21

exanju wrote: 29 Sep 2017, 21:55 And I guess I would not need to reapply the constraint if I need to rebake animations yes?
Indeed, and it's one of the (many) things that makes XSI really unique. :ymsmug:
( even in apps with spreadsheets, its still often necessary to either do things dozens of times, or make scripts used once for specific ends )

You can also make a group out of all the desired selection and name it "Constrained_Items" (or something)

Cheers!
:ymcowboy: