Rayfire-like Plugins for XSI

kshep92

Rayfire-like Plugins for XSI

Post by kshep92 » 15 Oct 2010, 04:32

Is it just me or is anybody else wondering why there isn't a plugin like Rayfire or Blastcode for Softimage yet? Come on you software geniuses out there, make this happen! (please ;;) )

Truth be told, this is the only reason i'm still holding on to 3ds max. Right now i'm on the verge of starting a major project and all of my headache is coming from trying to develop a solid pipeline that involves transferring of regular animation, facerobot animation, cloth sim, rigid body anim and ICE particles from XST to Max JUST so that I could have the functionality of Rayfire.

By chance, do any of you guys know of any projects (like Rayfire) that might be in the works right now?

owei
Administrator

Re: Rayfire-like Plugins for XSI

Post by owei » 15 Oct 2010, 08:19

Hi!

Well, nothing like Rayfire for Softimage yet, but something it might go into that direction. Did you check "Momentum" and "Kratos" from StudioNest? Have a look here:http://opensource.studionestbarcelona.c ... index.html

Some videos about it´s capabilities and tuts can be found at vimeo:http://www.vimeo.com/user656111

hope that helps.
cheers,
oliver

kshep92

Post by kshep92 » 15 Oct 2010, 09:05

interesting.. but what exactly did you type into ye old google to find out about these addons? I've been searching for months :S

thank you very much for the reply btw.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 15 Oct 2010, 09:17

The webpage to watch is the rray.de website by Reinhard Claus (our very "own" :D rray), which lists all (or at least most) of the important addons for Softimage in one place... Bookmark it now!
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

owei
Administrator

Post by owei » 15 Oct 2010, 09:28

@kshep92
Well, getting this kind of info means to be present and read the softimage forums like this one here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=931&hilit=kratos :D
There was also a thread going on at xsibase.com.
The hole Softimage community is not that big, so certain info may not come for certain to your ears without digging for it or even being present in the forums...

cheers

kshep92

Post by kshep92 » 15 Oct 2010, 21:04

Hirazi Blue wrote:The webpage to watch is the rray.de website by Reinhard Claus (our very "own" :D rray), which lists all (or at least most) of the important addons for Softimage in one place... Bookmark it now!
;)
That I will do indeed, my friend. Thanks.

@owei
That's why I figured i'd join this forum. xsi-base didn't really work out for me. I plan on being very present and active here, though.