XSI-->Nuke

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

XSI to NukeAuthor: Tim
This plugin runs Nuke from the Softimage interface and sends all the passes to Nuke. Also sets up the resolution, frame rate and frame range in Nuke

[..] Read on under the si-community link.

local backup: tim_XSItoNuke_v1.2.xsiaddon

T.I.M.

Re: XSI-->Nuke

Post by T.I.M. » 05 Dec 2010, 12:08

farhaad_yousefi wrote:awesome,
is there any chance to export our pass through EXR buffer and have it as multipass in single file-image sequence .!? :ymdaydream: ^:)^
This is not possible in Softimage yet and nether with this plugin right now.This has to be implemented in Softimage so you can render straight to multichannel exr.(for witch I am not big fan....but this is another topic) I can do some post automatic joining for the outputs but this will be slow.I will see if I can get something inside XSI but now I am little busy .When I get a chance will do it.Thanks for your idea.

Cheers

farhaad_yousefi

Post by farhaad_yousefi » 05 Dec 2010, 12:12

T.I.M. wrote:
farhaad_yousefi wrote:awesome,
is there any chance to export our pass through EXR buffer and have it as multipass in single file-image sequence .!? :ymdaydream: ^:)^
This is not possible in Softimage yet and nether with this plugin right now.This has to be implemented in Softimage so you can render straight to multichannel exr.(for witch I am not big fan....but this is another topic) I can do some post automatic joining for the outputs but this will be slow.I will see if I can get something inside XSI but now I am little busy .When I get a chance will do it.Thanks for your idea.

Cheers
thanks .! :)

Splin

Post by Splin » 29 Dec 2010, 10:58

I am getting offset between objects and camera with version 2.1. I am not able to track down which is causing this, objects or camera.

T.I.M.

Post by T.I.M. » 31 Dec 2010, 09:02

Splin ,Can you send me the scene?Send me PM.Thanks.

anclib

Post by anclib » 26 Jan 2011, 20:04

Hi, I am having a problem with the plug-in, everything is OK until nuke opens, a error appears saying:

can't read
E:/ProgrammingProjects\XSltoNuke\Demo_project\ExportFolder\NukeFile\Nuke_temp.nk:
No such file or directory,

I have checked all the addresses and settings in Softimage and when checking the NukeFile folder the Nuke_temp.nk is not there. I've tried creating a Nuke_temp.nk file first by opening nuke and saving an empty script, but as soon as the exporter in Softimage is activated the file disappears.

Also I am a NukeX user and would like the exporter to export straight into a NukeX script but don't know how as there is no separate NukeX.exe file, only Nuke.exe and somehow the NukeX shortcut opens via the nuke.exe.

I am using Softimage 2011 and Nuke 6.2 v1.

Can anyone help please?

T.I.M.

Post by T.I.M. » 01 Feb 2011, 01:33

You have to setup your path in the custom preferences to existing folder on you hard drive.Pause the demo video and see how the preffs suppose to look like. And check back on this thread there is explanations what you have to do. I will post a version that runs NukeX tommorow .

Cheers

T.I.M.

Post by T.I.M. » 01 Feb 2011, 10:10

Here is version that runs NukeX.
Attachments
tim_XSI2Nuke_v2.1NukeX.zip
(12.05 KiB) Downloaded 759 times

anclib

Post by anclib » 01 Feb 2011, 12:27

Hi, thanks for getting back to me,

The new plugin opens up in NukeX fine, Thanks.

But I'm still having the same problem, I've made sure all the custom paths are correct, even going so far as to create a folder structure which is the same, when NukeX opens I get the same "no such file or directory" message with regard to the Nuke_temp.nk file, it doesn't seem to be getting created and doesn't appear in the folder.

I thought it might be a windows 7 folder security thing but I have got rid of the restrictions and the temp_Camera_camera.chan file gets created no problems in the Chan&Obj folder. (I'm exporting from a base scene in Soft)

Any thoughts?

mindFreeArtist

Post by mindFreeArtist » 25 Oct 2011, 13:44

Hi T.I.M.
Thanks for your addon, but I can't get it to work with SI 2012 SP1.
Actually it works, but I get no animation in Nuke at all (cameras, geo etc).
Maybe there is an update on the plugin.
Thanks.

nuverian

Post by nuverian » 18 Nov 2011, 20:22

This seems awesome. Many thanks.

--Though, I do not get anything under Render->Render. No problem with the xsiaddon. At least no errors for that matter.

Thanks
Portfolio / Blog
http://www.nuverian.net

T.I.M.

Post by T.I.M. » 25 Nov 2011, 13:38

nuverian wrote:This seems awesome. Many thanks.

--Though, I do not get anything under Render->Render. No problem with the xsiaddon. At least no errors for that matter.

Thanks
Check your python installation.See if you actually see python in your script editor.Most problems with this plugin are coming from python installation problems in softimage.
Also it's important to restart XSI after installation.

nuverian

Post by nuverian » 25 Nov 2011, 15:45

Yes. I've fixed that after I saw some comments on vimeo conerning python. Everything works fine.
Much thanks Tim!
Portfolio / Blog
http://www.nuverian.net

Ramon

Post by Ramon » 30 Jan 2012, 09:31

2.1 version 2012 x64 SAP
Export only selected geometry and camera, placed all in center coord in nuke, no animations in camera and objects

T.I.M.

Post by T.I.M. » 20 Feb 2012, 13:57

Send me test scene to test it.Here no problem with SI2012SAP.

gustavoeb

Post by gustavoeb » 09 Nov 2012, 00:47

Hi Tim, can you make the Temporary file thing accept tokens, like so:
[Project Path]/Render_Archives/temp_export.nk

Cheers
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

sant0s

Post by sant0s » 20 Mar 2013, 13:05

hey :)
maybe I missed something, but have a problem with my camera after exporting.

Opening a new scene, animating the camera and add some stuff and export it to nuke works like a charme.
Now I tried it with a scene I was working on some time ago and get wrong camere movements.
First the camera is doing the opposite direction and second its more like rotating around the own axis instead of moving the path it should...
Any idea where I could have some mistakes?

thx and thx for that T.I.M., very helpfull!