Softimage Survival Pack 1.6

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Softimage Survival Pack 1.6Author: various
updated for the final versions 2015_SP2/2015_R2_SP2 — Softimage Survival Pack wraps a number of add-ons that can only be applied by patching factory files. See the thread in the link section below for a preview.

Replaces the green Autodesk app icons with the old black 'X' icons XSI 5's splash screen graphics for Softimage 2015 (other versions are getting different splash screens) top-right toolbar logo replaced with the old version added feature for ICE: Menu item »select object(s)« in the context menu of get data scene reference nodes now supports multiple selection added feature for ICE: Executable compounds added to the lists in Preferences > Custom > ICE Operators (AKA »Custom ICE operators«) can now be applied to multiple selected objects at once using the specified menus.

Note: This is an installer executable which patches files inside the Softimage application directory. Backups of the original files are created (named *_original) and can be restored manually or using the included uninstaller (via Windows Control Panel > Software). Supported versions: Softimage 2013 SP1, 2014 (all SPs) and 2015. Not tested on Windows 8. Uses the Nullsoft NSIS Installer/VPatch addon. Use at your own risk.

local backup: Softimage_Survival_Pack_v1.5.exe

rray

Softimage Survival Pack 1.6

Post by rray » 10 Jul 2016, 03:32

Hey y'all.

I recently updated the "Softimage Survival Pack" to support the final version(s) 2015 SP2 and R2 SP2. (Thanks for the heads-up darkseph)

SP1 is not supported

This mod's main function is to restore the pre-Autodesk icons and splash screen, but since the format of this addon (scary exe installer) opens the opportunity of patching some factory files in the same process, I added some little functional tweaks too. See list below. Might add to that list in a future release of this addon.

Here's what this addon does:

This becomes the main program icon:

preview taskbar:

Other fixes:

title bar (Note!! The window title fix only appears after the program is loaded because I couldn't find the place where the app window title is encoded. Would be grateful for any hints there)

top right:

splash by Tim Borgmann:

The two functional tweaks mentioned are:

* Factory function "get data"->"select objects" gets extended so it works also with several selected "get data" nodes. It then selects all objects from all selected get data nodes.

* Applying ICE operators using the menu (Those you define in preferences->ICEOperators) was extended so you can apply an operator to many objects at once.

What this installer does:

* patches XSI.exe, suminfo.dll, toolbar.dll in Application\bin
* patches ICEFlowCommonTools.js in Addons\ICEFlowBuilder\Application\Plugins
* patches ICEUserTools.vbs in Addons\ICEUserTools\Application\Plugins
* adds SetApplicationTitle.pys in Application\Commands

Original files are kept (named something like XSI_exe_original.xxx) and can be restored manually or by uninstalling this addon (WindowsPrograms and Features -> uninstall Softimage Survival Pack)

Always open to suggestions, let me know if you have better icons, splash screens, or tweaks to factory scripts that you would like to see included in a future release of this.

Download: http://si-community.com/download/lb/sur ... k_v1.6.exe

Cheers
-rr
softimage resources section updated Jan 5th 2024

Draise

Re: Softimage Survival Pack 1.6

Post by Draise » 10 Jul 2016, 06:57

This is. . Actually a nice detail. Thanks for sharing.

forton

Post by forton » 10 Jul 2016, 22:51

Just call this Softimage Service Pack 3.
Next hack will be Softimage 2016.

We don't need autodesk! :)

xsi_fanatic

Post by xsi_fanatic » 11 Aug 2016, 21:10

Norton deleted the .exe file because it thought it was unsafe.

rray

Post by rray » 11 Aug 2016, 21:39

Just uploaded it to virustotal and it showed none of 49 virus scanners (including Norton) detected it as unsafe, did you try it with the newest virus definitions?

jonmoore

Post by jonmoore » 13 Aug 2016, 03:34

rray wrote:Just uploaded it to virustotal and it showed none of 49 virus scanners (including Norton) detected it as unsafe, did you try it with the newest virus definitions?
Many local virus detection systems will highlight something as dangerous if it's patching something else and isn't signed as having the rights to do so. Safe to ignore.

I've been happily living without the stench of the Autodesk years spoiling my XSI UI for a while now; and I've encountered no other side effects, other than the occasional wry smile. :)

sirdavid32

Post by sirdavid32 » 01 Dec 2016, 19:25

I really like the patching stylez. Now, onto the splash screen.dll must have been compiled from original code source.
Or is there any -tip- to accurately convert the splash screen to any graphic?
Thanks.

rray

Post by rray » 01 Dec 2016, 20:21

>> I really like the patching stylez. Now, onto the splash screen.dll must have been compiled from original code source.

Cheers - I wish I had access to that,

>> Or is there any -tip- to accurately convert the splash screen to any graphic?

used a tool called reshacker (http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/). Using that, if you have a bitmap of the same size as the original, you can just patch the dll and replace the original bitmap with it.

homam

Post by homam » 01 Dec 2016, 22:03

I really liked the name: SP for Survival Pack :)
I'll try looking into the titlebar thingy and let you know.

Looking forward more functional SPs ;)

jonmoore

Post by jonmoore » 02 Dec 2016, 10:58

I know it's been long requested but I'd love to see your Survival Pack updated so as to allow a custom colour for the interface chrome. Now that would be of Mountain Rescue proportions. ;)

luceric

Post by luceric » 02 Dec 2016, 16:57

sirdavid32 wrote:I really like the patching stylez. Now, onto the splash screen.dll must have been compiled from original code source.
Thanks.

apologies if I am misreading this, but it sounds like you don't know how to replace the spash screen with the env variable

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-r ... creen.html

danyargici

Post by danyargici » 02 Dec 2016, 18:54

Hehe, back in the day I had a script at work which would randomly copy one of these into people's installations...

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/102 ... cC5Xoy80lL
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/102 ... qryF4BObkA
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/102 ... NqIrTwSEWW

rray

Post by rray » 02 Dec 2016, 19:43

:)) Ha nice. This gives me an idea :ymdevil:
jonmoore wrote:I know it's been long requested but I'd love to see your Survival Pack updated so as to allow a custom colour for the
interface chrome. Now that would be of Mountain Rescue proportions. ;)
It would :)) .. had a shot at that a few years ago. Gave up rather quickly. The bitmaps are spread across several dlls and some bits of the UI I couldn't even find, like even the main background color.

Forgot about the splash screen env var. Could have used it for the survival pack too but since I was patching files anyway it wouldn't have made a big difference.

sirdavid32

Post by sirdavid32 » 31 Dec 2016, 19:53

@RRay, where is the bitmap located on the .dll? Yes I got a bitmap to fit.
Thanks.

sirdavid32

Post by sirdavid32 » 31 Dec 2016, 21:19

luceric wrote:
sirdavid32 wrote:I really like the patching stylez. Now, onto the splash screen.dll must have been compiled from original code source.
Thanks.

apologies if I am misreading this, but it sounds like you don't know how to replace the spash screen with the env variable

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-r ... creen.html

Is that method available for softimage 2014 and 2015??

DG

Post by DG » 27 Jun 2018, 22:01

Link for download is old - version 1.5. Is there 1.6?