ehRSCamera for use with Redshift

Cacoman

Re: ehRSCamera for use with Redshift

Post by Cacoman » 06 Jan 2016, 23:05

There is the ehRSCamera missing under the Plug-ins folder.

Also you need to see the menu in the top bar

Make sure the ehRSCamera.xsiaddon is 55KB sometimes dropbox does strange things.
To create something that does not exist, to exist.

Cacoman

Post by Cacoman » 06 Jan 2016, 23:08

Finally I added a zip file of the plugin. You can unzip this file into your Addons folder.

Let me know how it goes.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fvkeiaxd0w7y ... -Pwea?dl=0

Cheers!

angelous4x

Post by angelous4x » 07 Jan 2016, 00:08

I added the zip file, and nothing changed in soft.

it might be that it can't the see python scripts i think. when i go to my script editor i don't have a python option like i use to, i also dragged and dropped your py scripted into the editor in SI but it couldn't run it. i installed the new version of python, but nothing seems to help. one other thing is that i updated to windows 10, not sure if this affects anything. Im at a Loss :((

Cacoman

Post by Cacoman » 07 Jan 2016, 01:11

Well, if you cannot see the Python option in your script editor, then it is most probably that is the issue.

Mmm Win10... I am using Win 8.1

Here is a link that might help:

https://www.londonappdeveloper.com/sett ... se-python/

angelous4x

Post by angelous4x » 07 Jan 2016, 01:14

win 10 might have done alittle something to the soft and its environment viable , i Open the Softimage command prompt and run the runonce.bat a tip from eric thiverage. and it started working

thanks for this tool, it might have a late night, but make things look nice is worth while.

this where i read the tip from
https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/#!topic/xsi_list/dFqFnI9kYr8

thank again

cheers

mc_axe

Post by mc_axe » 07 Jan 2016, 01:37

Really nice tool!
Its like santa brought me a bounch of new cameras. now i need to learn to play with all those settings :P

First impresions
-the focus planes are crazy helpful
-If these DOFs matches with Real cameras cant wait to see some experiments with real life footage
-Are cameras able to store data.. of this kind..? in order to get feed in to your tool? :ymdaydream:
-It was kinda hard to get the motion blur in general, or im just not used to the settings. Anyway i will need to read manual more carefully

On my attempt to delete the cam i managed to crush soft somehow.
drag and drop didnt worked for me aswell but i placed the .xsiaddon on my user folder>addons and then i installed manually and then it worked.

Cacoman

Post by Cacoman » 07 Jan 2016, 02:12

I am glad you got it working!

Well all the math to match the real world cameras is there. So it is for the White Balance.

So the DoF is dependable of the F-Stop and Lens as well as the Circle of Confusion. So if you use a 310 mm lens with a shallow DoF and an F-Stop of 5.6, your image will be very blured out of the focal range.

Motion blur is dependable as well of the Shutter Speed and Fps. You have 2 options for controlling the shutter speed. A rotary shutter option like film cameras and a speed shutter like digital or SLR cameras. To achieve a more dramatic Motion Blur effect you will need to use a slow shutter speed. The 180 degrees rotary shutter is the default for a regular film camera. Using this setting with 24 fps you will have a MB very close to the real thing.

As in a real camera if you shoot at 60 fps, you will need more light coming through the lens than you will need for 24 fps.
-Are cameras able to store data.. of this kind..? in order to get feed in to your tool? :ymdaydream:
If you have access to the metadata of an ARRI Alexa, you can have all the camera parameters and feed this values into the ehRSCamera.

Here is a link to the ARRI meta extract utility.

https://www.arri.com/ES/camera/alexa/to ... a_extract/

Here are some tests I ran when doing the plugin.

mc_axe

Post by mc_axe » 22 Feb 2016, 23:09

Just a test, short of a gun trail or smthing :)

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 23 Feb 2016, 03:41

That looks great McAxe!

sirdavid32

Post by sirdavid32 » 18 Feb 2019, 15:10

One question: I´ve seen some RS tutorials where they include a custom lens image for Bokeh effects. Is this a library that comes install with RS? If so: What´s the directory? If it´s a pack: Where to download? Thanks.

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 21 Feb 2019, 06:26

Hi,

There use to be a link from a use on RS site, but now leads to nowhere.

But you can probably make a few different good ones from actual bokeh samples from this page (all about bokeh).

http://jtra.cz/stuff/essays/bokeh/