Some little small update:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11446262/MaSs%20plugin%200.1.5.zip
1. There are no any additional module for Python needed. So, for install sufficiently to move files to \Application\Plugins folder in any workgroup, and it will work.
2. Add parameter "Default integrator" for exporter. This parameter set the integrator (rendering algorithm) to corresponding value. By default in Mitsuba this integrator is equal to Direct Illumination. So, for obtain reflections in the test renders we had change the algorithm every time. Now it not necessary.
3. Add new property for every object. If "Is subdivide" is on, then before export object to ply format it will be subdivided to the specified level (of course with preserving UV maps). If "Is solid" is on, the object will be export with ignoring UV maps and information of smooth groups (in fact each normal of vertex will be the average of incident polygons). Resulting ply-file has smaller weight and load to render faster.
The main subject - test of the exporter and render in real scene. So, I take some scene from Evermotion (Archinteriors vol. 24) and try render it in Mitsuba. The result:
What I can note:
1. Of course, this is not VRay, Mental or Arnold. But it works and very stable. Export of all geometry spend nearly 3 hours. Total weight is 600 Mb. Scene loaded to render nearly 1-2 minutes. This is not convenient for test renders.
2. All scene lighted by one HDR-map. So, many small bright dots appear. Increasing samples count theoretical solve this problem, but in this case render time tends to infinity. More or less this problem was solved with the help of "Photon mapper" algorithm. But anyway, the render time of presented image is nearly 1-2 hours.
3. I used one of the main advantage (as I think) of Mitsuba - it is very easy to increase calculating power. I have another computer in network (i7 with 8 threads), and by specifying the network address of this computer in properties of render, my computer render the picture together with this second computer. So, the total number of threads is 16. This is very convenient.Newcomer (<20 posts) alert: please use the URL tags - HB