Archived info for plugins v7-7.5
For info how to use, check out the video here:http://redmotion.blogspot.com/2008_02_01_archive.html
Written by Jason Wells - Redmotion <c>2007/2008/2009
Based on standard sun position algorhythms.
IF YOU USE THIS SOFTWARE, YOU AGREE TO DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Place the .dll file into the \Application\Plugins folder of your user folder
(you may try the workgroup folder but it may not work)
Instructions to get the sun working:
This is a property that rotates the selected object to point towards the suns position in the sky at a specific point in time.
1. Install the plugins (put both the sun_primitive and sunposition plugins into the plugins folder - user or workgroup
2. Run the sun script. Get > Primitives > Light > Sun. It will create an infinite light attached to a null.
3. Select the null (called "centre").
4. Get > Property > Sun Position
5. A dialogue box will open.
6. Set the time and date using the sliders to position the sun.
To move the infinite light away or towards the scene centre, select the null that constrains the infinite light, go to transform mode (v) and select local transformation, or type a new figure into the transform z box.
USING WITH THE V6 MENTAL RAY PHYSICAL SUN AND SKY SHADERS
1. Change the toolbar menu to Render (press 3)
2. Pass > Edit > Initialise sun shader
3. Under Sun, select the infinite light by choosing "pick" and picking it.
4. Press APPLY.
You are now ready to go.
Please note: You may notice that the sun will appear in a different place in the sky to the infinite light. This is not an error. Simply move the infinite light away from it's centre and you will find that they begin to converge after about 300 units.
- No animation - (due to my only owning XSI Foundation. The source code in C# will be made to anyone wishing to make it an operator.)
- No entry for hours and minutes in standard format.
Hours and Minutes - these convert the decimal "Localtime" into the hours minutes format we are all used to.
Localtime - This is the local time in decimal. If you need an animation of the sun going from sunrise to sunset, you will need to animate this slider (please note the ability to animate has not yet been added.)
Summertime - If you are using british summertime you will need to check this box.
Day - 1-31 - Select the day of the year (please be aware that selecting the 31st of a month with less than 31 days will cause an inaccurate measurement.
Month - Select the month 1-12
Latitude - This is the north-south position - North is positive 0 to +90 - South is negative 0 to -90
Longitude - This is the east-west position - East is positive 0 to +90 - West is negative 0 to -90
Timezone - Select the timezone - correctly in relation to the Longitude. If you don't know it, look it up! Google will find it for you!
Timezonename - There are 30 official timezones - this is for easy reference when tweaking the timezone slide.