RCTools updates

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

RcTools 5.3Author: Reinhard Claus
Updated April 2013 — 5.3's main new feature TopoClipboard lets you copy map data from a point/edge/polygon/sample selection and paste it somewhere else one the same, or a different mesh into a selection that has the same »shape« as the first selection. Works also for complete selections which makes sense when pasting across two meshes that have the same topology, but differing point orders. TopoClipboard transfers: Vertex Colors UVs Envelope weights (with a remapping option) weight maps tangents point positions (local »shape« of the selected area). Works across different maps of the same type and across scenes inside one instance of Softimage. Other new features are a topology based mirror/flip selection and a couple of new settings for the custom filters like point position compare components, edge on UV border, edge orientation.

The RCTools plug-in is a collection of workflow helpers and filters for Softimage. The supplied popup menu (Script command »rcToolsPopup«) gives you quick access to all the tools. [..] List of features: Peek (Align camera along selected edge/facing selection @90°;) TopoClipboard Flip Selection Mirror Selection Fill Selection Walk Patterned Loop selections Apply Pattern Customizable Filters (by polyon area, aspect ratio, orientation, edge length, point distance and 30 others) subcomponent clipboard subcomponent clipboard booleans (e.g. Select intersection of current and clipboard selection) Cap holes Repeat

local backup: rcTools.5.3.xsiaddon

rray

Re: RCTools updates

Post by rray » 17 May 2011, 12:38

Thanks for the Follow-ups!

Ramon, what error message do you see? Couldn't reproduce it here. Double checked for conflicts with other XPOPs. Do you have a newer version of Junki's OrenoXPOPs than the one that's available here? That one uses an old version of XPOP (non python) which shouldn't be affected (theorertically....)
softimage resources section updated Jan 5th 2024

Ramon

Post by Ramon » 18 May 2011, 22:14

Hi! Install OrenoXpop10.xsiaddon, I think it is last version
error in OrenoXPop.js in line
var iCmd = DisplayPop(LabelAll,Name,Color);
// ERROR : 2006-CUST-OrenoXPopA - Unexpected failure.
OrenoXPopA();

The same error with other plugin PF_Popup_v1.1
e=DisplayPop (cl_barra& cl_barra& cltxt_Full& c_barra& c_barra& ctxt_Full& d_barra& d_barra& dtxt& expr_barra& expr_barra& exprtxt_Full& Sc_barra& Sc_barra& Sctxt_Full& p_barra& p_barra& Ptxt_Full )

Installed Xpop2.0 but not help! This plugins work with RCtools 4.3
with rctools 4.5 this plugins will die?

rray

Post by rray » 18 May 2011, 23:48

Ok I think I have an idea now what happened...

PF Popup and orenoXPOP were using the XPOP 2.0 popup plugin that's included with rctools 4.3

In rctools 4.5 this isn't included anymore (it has it's own popup) so by uninstalling rctools 4.3 those plugins stopped working. (It's not an incompatibiliy with 4.5)

Why they don't work when you installed XPOP 2.0 "standalone" can have two reasons:

Maybe it was the wrong version, it's split... (here for 32 bit, here for 64 bit).

Try reinstalling, this would work for Pablo's plugin.

To make the confusion complete, Junki's popup editor uses a version of XPOP2.0 that I don't have anymore (it uses 2 extra parameters for name/color of menu in the call, current one doesn't).
To make it work with XPOP 2.0, you would have to remove these two parameters in the line that produces the error (only for Junki's popup).

(or extract the only popup dll from rctools 4.3)

Ramon

Post by Ramon » 19 May 2011, 08:19

Ok! Just copy old rcXPOP.64.dll from 4.3 version to new 4.5 - rcTools\Application\Plugins and it work!
Thanks a lot. rray!

oz42

Post by oz42 » 04 Jun 2011, 00:29

Reinhard, thanks for the new version - downloading now...

Rob, I used a similar method with jellybeans a while ago (although I bet you could use ICE now!?), it worked a treat. RCtools really speeded things up!

j3st3r

Post by j3st3r » 03 Aug 2011, 17:05

Unfortunately when I try to use the RC45Popup command, it stops with an unexpected failure.

// ERROR : Object expected - [line 46 in C:\Users\Jester\Autodesk\Softimage_2012_SP1\Addons\rcTools\Application\Plugins\rcPopup45.js]
// ERROR : 2006-CUST-rc45Popup - Unexpected failure.
rc45Popup();

Can you help me?

Cheers

Szabolcs

rray

Post by rray » 03 Aug 2011, 17:26

I suspect something with the Python installation. Do you have Python in the list of available scripting languages when opening a script editor?

j3st3r

Post by j3st3r » 03 Aug 2011, 17:35

runonce.bat made the python active again, and it works like charm.

ActionArt

Post by ActionArt » 03 Aug 2011, 17:37

I've had the same thing. The strange part is that it was working fine a couple weeks ago for me but now it's not. I'm not sure what I changed.

Hopefully rray will save us :-s

ActionArt

Post by ActionArt » 03 Aug 2011, 17:38

Wow, that was faster than I could post! I'll try that. Thanks!!!

myara

Post by myara » 10 Nov 2011, 04:57

I installed RCTools 4.5 in Softimage 2011SP2 and I get an error just when XSI starts.
// ERROR : 2028 - Invalid argument specified. - [line 31 in C:\Users\myara\Autodesk\Softimage_2011_SP2\Addons\rcTools\Application\Plugins\rcCustomFilters.vbs]
This error happens in both Windows 7 Pro 32bit (PC at the office) and Windows 7 Ult 64bit (Home PC).

The error link points to this line:
Dim oProp : oProp = Application.ActiveSceneRoot.AddProperty("rcCustomFilterSettings")
From this function:

Code: Select all

Function rcCustomPolymeshFilter_Init( in_ctxt ) 
	Dim pref 
	Set pref = Application.Dictionary.GetObject("Application.Preferences.Custom Filters (RCTools)", false)

If TypeName( pref ) = "Nothing" Then
		Dim oProp : oProp = Application.ActiveSceneRoot.AddProperty("rcCustomFilterSettings")		
		InstallCustomPreferences oProp, "Custom Filters (RCTools)"
	End If
End Function
And in the Plugin Manager I have rcCustomFilterSettings.vbs icon in red. Everything else seems ok, RCTools XPop menu and some options works, but some other just crash (I guess this rcCustomFilterSettings error is the culprit).
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)

rray

Post by rray » 10 Nov 2011, 08:05

Does it work after restarting Softimage?
I used some kind of hacky way of installing the custom preference which requires a restart.

There's a better way which i'll use for future upgrades

myara

Post by myara » 10 Nov 2011, 08:19

Thanks for your quick response.

Since there are some select tools that do work even with this error, I've been using RCTools like this for weeks. Now that I'm not very busy, I tried to fix it without success.
So, if with "restart" you mean, close Softimage and start it again, then no, I think the restart is not working. I get the same error message every time I start Softimage and the icon at Plugin Manager is always red.

I guess it never installed correctly. I don't have any reference to RCTools or something like that in my Custom Preferences.
M.Yara

rray

Post by rray » 10 Nov 2011, 08:44

Does the red Icon appear when you remove everything from the init function?

(Not the function itself)

In case this should work, retry with the original init function.

myara

Post by myara » 10 Nov 2011, 09:43

I put a ' in all lines except Function rcCustomPolymeshFilter_Init and End Function.

Restarted Softimage.

Well I've got rid of that Error Message, as expected.

But [rcCustomFilterSettings.vbs] is still red in the Plugin Manager. If I try to open it's properties, it says "262$This script plug-in contains script errors and could not be loaded: <path:.....>".

Reload doesn't do anything. Double click gives me the same message.
No error or details in script editor either.
All the other rcTools Plug-ins are OK.
No RCTools in Custom Preferences.
Last edited by myara on 10 Nov 2011, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
M.Yara

rray

Post by rray » 10 Nov 2011, 10:02

That's strange with Softimage giving no details about the error -- Usually it does that.
Suspecting either file corruption, although you probably already tried redownloading.
Runonce.bat might also be worth a try.