Programmer needed to write a plug in related to subdivision.

Announcements concerning cooperation, job offers or job requests
yashugan

Programmer needed to write a plug in related to subdivision.

Post by yashugan » 26 Nov 2015, 23:37

A programmer is needed to write a plug in related to subdivision modelling.
If some on is interested, we can have a call in skype, so i can explain what i exactly need and find a price for the job.
Thank you,
reagars, Miragoli Gianluca.

yashugan

Re: Programmer needed to write a plug in related to subdivision.

Post by yashugan » 27 Nov 2015, 10:18

And we pay VERY WELL. (just to specify)

yashugan

Post by yashugan » 27 Nov 2015, 18:37

Appear that there is no much interest around to earn money. What a sin. :(

AceMastermind

Post by AceMastermind » 27 Nov 2015, 21:32

The thread hasn't even been up 24 hours yet man, you gotta give folks time to find it. :)

And why so secretive? You might generate more interest if you explained here what you want this plugin to do.
Maybe someone already has what you're looking for and will share it free of charge.

yashugan

Post by yashugan » 27 Nov 2015, 22:08

Apologize me, you perfectrly right. :D
I try to explain what i need, but a voice conversation will be necessary in case that some one is interested to talk about costs, time, and other stuff.

So in simple word: I need to subdivide meshes in non uniform way.The image attached show what i mean with some examples.
I need the possibility to select a edge and say how divide it, example, a edge of 4 segment and another one, the parallel one with 3 segment...and so on in the most "non regular" way possible.
I need to activate it like the classic subdivision , using + and - normally on the mesh that have the attribute of non uniform SUBD. It must keep HARD edges and HARD Vertex.

To store the data ,teorically the mesh keep a CUSTOM ATTRIBUTE that store the edge vealues. With a popup shell the user can change the subdivision segment of the edges any moment.
The mesh must keep this info in the UV editor too or if merged with another mesh. (if there are info on the edges, li crease, haed edges, hard point and so on, we can store somewhere also the divide values...)
The normals must be interpolated too. (this must be explained in deep)
I know that is not easy, but is not impossible. We need to divide with a certain logic the polygons. Logic that must be discuss to find the way.
This is the concept.
The MAIN core of the problem is exposed. Algorithm to divide poly with a differen logic from classic way.... not easy but who know...
The problem can be complex for the UV editor too, but this is another question....

Thank youall for the attention,
regards,

Miragoli Gianluca
Attachments
3.jpg

wesserbro

Post by wesserbro » 28 Nov 2015, 12:03

Man, I hate to say this, but you should really start to use NURBs(not xsi nurbs indeed) if you model a high quality car. (im saying this with positive attitude, no offense:) )

yashugan

Post by yashugan » 28 Nov 2015, 15:48

Nurbs are not focused on my task.
Ido REALTIME model for games, and i have to choose how to place every single triangle. Polycount and topology are strong rules in my work. There is nothing more negative than nurbs for my task.
Are limited on UV, limited on trinagles, limited in division...
Are limited in ALL.

Subdivision by the way, are cool, i have triangles if needed, uv are keeped but i have to freeze them and optimize some parts to reach my targhet. And i can use them only for some pieces, and after, more pieces must be modelled in classic way.
If i want later increase a specific part of a model, i have to re-do a lot fo work.

The plug in showed in my explanations is focused on my specific work. ;)

wesserbro

Post by wesserbro » 28 Nov 2015, 16:50

If its for realtime, nurbs is not a solution, indeed. My bad )
But ) Would it really be so much faster to tag edges (and also think how to tag them to get right result) than just cut it manually like you want? You can shrinkwrap your lowpoly on top of subdivided dense mesh, so when you use knife newly created vertices will form right curvature.

Its your right to want what you want, but i highly doubt that you'll find someone to make it. Even in good times there were like 10 ppl who could write and were interested in plugins for softimage. They probably are learning houdini now (or have already learned and forget about softimage) :)

yashugan

Post by yashugan » 28 Nov 2015, 17:30

:) I need this exact plug in for many reason. I have to REMOVE some task from the pipeline and obtain parametric value on some stuff.
I was a 3dsmax modeller more than 10 years ago... :ymsick: I tryed xsi one day... :D In my little opinion (after 20 global years of 3d modeller work B-) ), that MODO, MAYA, MAX, HOUDINI, Cinema 4D, BLENDER, and any existing application, still have a UI that is not good as XSI have. In some part of some software there are interesting solutions, TOPOGUN, MODO in most way , but globally XSI still more fluid, faster. \m/

Workflow is all. That's the reason why i produce all double faster than all my staff.
I have 16 people under my staff that work with me. 3 guys, me included, use xsi. We create a car in one month approximately , and some time (depending from complexity) 5 weeks. Other modellers, ( blender-max) use 2 months and half in the best time.... and in some case 3 months. A external company that produce for us (my company) use one month, but they work 3 guy on one car at the same time. Is fun....

Two of my guys have watched me work on xsi, they came from 3dsMAX. The switched to xsi, becasue everything is faster, easyer... They still saying: " but to do the same stuff in max i have to do many operations..." or " you maded it in 2 clicks... amazing..." and i can go on .... :-??
In simple words: The other applications are not good as XSI. (is my opionion, of course... but... the counted hours of work are numbers, no opinions L-) )

Regarding my specific task, you suggest: "You can shrinkwrap your lowpoly on top of subdivided dense mesh, so when you use knife newly created vertices will form right curvature"
We produce models from scratch, there are no dense mesh to use. And in this case we are going to ADD another task on the list, istead of remove it..... ;)

I don't pretend to say that my pipeline is the best one. But is really PUSHED to the lmit of human possibiliy. I need now to force the DCC applications to do something more :D

(and we pay good)

wesserbro

Post by wesserbro » 28 Nov 2015, 18:33

yashugan wrote: Regarding my specific task, you suggest: "You can shrinkwrap your lowpoly on top of subdivided dense mesh, so when you use knife newly created vertices will form right curvature"
We produce models from scratch, there are no dense mesh to use. And in this case we are going to ADD another task on the list, istead of remove it..... ;)
I meant your already existing "first-step" modeled quad mesh... you subdivide it to dense curved mesh on top of which you can change your lowpoly topo the way you need.
Anyway i understand a wish to make it your way. Sometimes i want someone to write a plugin for me instead of changing workflow too :).
Are you from Italy? Then i believe "we pay good" really means "good", and not "eastern Europe good" )) Hope you'll find someone)

Helli

Post by Helli » 28 Nov 2015, 18:40

You might want to try to post on the softimage mailing list.

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 28 Nov 2015, 19:53

Indeed the mailing list may be slightly more technically inclined, and definitely sounds like it should be doable with ICE topo.

If it may be of help, Hirazi's made a great compound to highlight quads, triangles, and n-gons with different colors, which I also used to
filter them (filter as in 'identify' for processing) for something I've been brewing.

Good luck!

yashugan

Post by yashugan » 28 Nov 2015, 21:00

Thank for your suggestion anyway.

Yes,we are "italians" , but when i say "we pay good" it means that we don't underestimate eventual price request. We know that is not a easy work. But is a FOUNDAMENTAL step that i need to cut half of the time requested to one fullasset.
I hope some is interested here. Now i go to post also on other forums to have more chances...
Thank you!!!!!!!

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 29 Nov 2015, 10:26

FXDude wrote:If it may be of help, Hirazi's made a great compound to highlight quads, triangles, and n-gons with different colors
Thanks for the compliment, it's nice to know someone found good use for my Topocolors tool and is still using it...
:D
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

yashugan

Post by yashugan » 29 Nov 2015, 10:33

I use it too, to check the models, is very usefull! thank you for your creation.:)

tarkovsky

Post by tarkovsky » 18 Jan 2016, 23:10

Did you find the right person?