Company: Nerd Corps Entertainment
Position: Character Modeller / Technical Artist (ICE)
Start Date: ASAP
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
• Modelling, rigging, texturing, and face shape creations
• Create and maintain animation control systems (i.e. facial)
• Can the models for production use
• Apply ICE technique onto models to enhance the efficiency of the modelling department
• Research and investigate on development project needs with ICE
• Work closely with the Software department to build up the ICE compound library for production use
• Liaise and fix problems with models that have been identified by the animation team (i.e. QC fixes)
• Render images of the models you create for approval/circulation
• Carry out Layout artist duties (i.e. Assemble models based on director’s needs)
• Report problems with software/hardware
• Complete all work assigned within the scheduled time frame and in an efficient manner
• Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
• Must have Autodesk Softimage ICE skills and in-depth knowledge of technical modelling
• Must have at least 2 years of production experience in character rigging
• In-depth knowledge on enveloping, weight mapping and deformation in Softimage
• Intermediate understanding of facial shape animation
• Experience with Softimage hair and advanced rigs a plus
• Working knowledge of Photoshop or other high-end 2D painting programs
• Intermediate understanding of the animation process
• Knowledge of scripting is an asset
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills
• Thrives in a high pressure, deadline oriented environment
• Able to follow direction and take criticism professionally
• Has a good sense of aesthetics
Note: Successful applicants must be a Canadian citizen or possess landed immigrant status and be willing to work at Nerd Corps Studio in Vancouver, BC Canada.
In keeping with our focus on attracting and retaining high level GCI production talent, Nerd Corps’ goal is to produce high calibre creatively diverse projects which will fully utilize the skill sets of our talented crew and challenge them to grow as professionals and artists. The greatest asset of any company is its people and at Nerd Corps this philosophy forms the cornerstone of our vision for the future.
Located in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Nerd Corps offers its employees the opportunity to experience the diversity and culture of one of the world’s most vibrant cities. The studio is situated within a 30 minute drive of three ski hills, several pristine beaches and countless hiking and mountain biking trails with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the coastal mountain ranges.
We would like to convey our sincere thanks to all those who express interest in being a part of the Nerd Corps team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
Please send your resume, portfolio and demo reel (if applicable) to:
Nerd Corps Entertainment Inc.
Level 3, 1256 East 6th Ave
Vancouver , B.C. V5T 1E7
Or e-mail your resume along with portfolio web site links (if applicable) to:email@example.com
(Please ensure that you state the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.)