Old Room

Comments on finished work
Diurno

Old Room

Post by Diurno » 21 Mar 2013, 13:39

Finally, thanks to some really helpfull suggestion from many of you, i finished my still image. I'm happy with the result so i'll share it ^^

C&C welcome.
Attachments
sicommunity.jpg

Draise

Re: Old Room

Post by Draise » 21 Mar 2013, 18:16

Me gusta :)

flashgordy

Post by flashgordy » 25 Apr 2013, 11:43

models and textures looks ok, but light should be improved.
I think that you shoul raise up intensity and add more yellow (fire) color.
Light fallof also isn't good for me - generally in light emission place should be really bright

Diurno

Post by Diurno » 25 Apr 2013, 13:19

Yeah you're right, unfortunately it was to stressfull to rebalance things with MR. To get a speedy feedback with light setup, i had to work on a clay image, and on the clay the lights look much better, but i haven't enought patience to tweak the lights and wait for a 30min render with texture every little fix i make...
Maybe i'll work in it in the future, but ATM i'm working on a still with Maxwell Render (it's in the wip section if you wants to check the progress) ^^

flashgordy

Post by flashgordy » 25 Apr 2013, 14:59

You could use posproduction tricks, this is a normal thing in 3d. In stills Photoshop mainly, in animation after effects, combustion, fusion and other

I did a small presentation (use mask in "levels" little mix red and blue channel) - I did not mean to offend you, but only show what you can achieve in posproduction - it tooks me about 2 minutes

regards
Attachments
s.jpg

Diurno

Post by Diurno » 25 Apr 2013, 17:35

flashgordy wrote:You could use posproduction tricks, this is a normal thing in 3d. In stills Photoshop mainly, in animation after effects, combustion, fusion and other

I did a small presentation (use mask in "levels" little mix red and blue channel) - I did not mean to offend you, but only show what you can achieve in posproduction - it tooks me about 2 minutes

regards
i'm not offended at all, but for that still, the purpose was to work with procedural texture in Softimage, so i didn't mind a lot with postproduction. :D

Btw yes, the light should be a little more intense, but i doubt that a oil lamp covered with a frosty glass would project all that amount of light. Beside it would lose all the "dark" ambient that i would to accomplish.