Abstract

Comments on finished work
Daniel Brassard

Re: Abstract

Post by Daniel Brassard » 04 Feb 2012, 05:16

I see .... The previous compound you sent me had a few internal errors (missing iterate with counter node which is now the Repeat with Counter node and one get data node with a different Self attribute). Comparing with the scene you sent me, I found the errors and corrected it with the current nodes in 2012.5

Here is the updated compound. Work like a charm!

Thanks Maximus!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif

cnever

Post by cnever » 24 Apr 2012, 08:15

Daniel Brassard wrote:Hi Maximus,

P.S. I got the Tim Borgmann effect working like in his video demo at UeberTage. :D
Another High Jacker hahaha.

To Daniel: Where can I get this video demo of Tim Borgmann, would seriously love to get the same effect or close to going, please point me in the right direction.

thanks

Daniel Brassard

Post by Daniel Brassard » 24 Apr 2012, 18:04

Hi Cnever,

The presentation can be seen at:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1624&start=20

This is a presentation at the Softimage UeberTage2011 forum. It's in german but the presentation is clear enough to understand it. Lot of good info.

Cheers!
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif

cnever

Post by cnever » 24 Apr 2012, 18:28

Daniel Brassard wrote:
It's in german but the presentation is clear enough to understand it. Lot of good info.

Cheers!
Hi, thanks for the reply, I did eventually get hold of the video. But clearly your German is better than mine (can't speak a word).
I have not completely tried to figure out what is going on but it seems that there are to many pclouds and steps that is not shown to really be able to build something like that.
Or am I missing something?

Daniel Brassard

Post by Daniel Brassard » 24 Apr 2012, 18:40

To avoid highjaking Maximus thread, how about you open a new thread under the ICE community project and I'll help you figure out the first effect. Suggested title "Tim Borgmann type effect with ICE". Some people will also join the conversation and experimentation, maybe even Tim himself.

Cheers!

Dan
Last edited by Daniel Brassard on 29 Apr 2012, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif

cnever

Post by cnever » 24 Apr 2012, 21:40

Daniel Brassard wrote:To avoid highjaking Maximus thread, how about you open a new thread under the ICE community project and I'll help you figure out the first effect. Suggested title "Tim Borgman type effect with ICE". Some people will also join the conversation and experimentation, maybe even Tim himself.

Cheers!

Dan
Totally agree to this !

Maximus, sorry for being a retard =p~
Thanks for the thread definitely helped!

Maximus

Post by Maximus » 25 Apr 2012, 00:41

lol i dont mind, i actually never considered hijackin thread as bad, a whole thread can have a lot of info, which is better than lookin elsewhere, so feel free to continue here, i dont mind really.

cnever

Post by cnever » 25 Apr 2012, 08:36

Maximus wrote:lol i dont mind, i actually never considered hijackin thread as bad, a whole thread can have a lot of info, which is better than lookin elsewhere, so feel free to continue here, i dont mind really.
Hi Maximus

Thanks for not minding about the high jacking, but a new thread has been started.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2323

If you want come share some of your insight if you want.
Also if you can post the abstract image again using a different host as image shack. For some reason I can't view images from image shack. Like to see it.

Thanks