It is currently 26 Jun 2017, 22:52

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kristinka Hair Tests
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2010, 00:12 

Actually, it can be that some attributes, used by hair filler point cloud, aren't interpolated properly by kH2 Strand Length node (as it does complete 're construction' of everything) - but this should be visible in view ports.

And yes, 'safe' usage of kH2 Strand Length would be at the end of hair filler's ICE tree - 'hair' is interpolated between three closest guides, if these three are varying too much, interpolation will become wild - but this also should be visible in view ports.

btw, it seems to be a new issue :)

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2010, 07:59 

Meanwhile I resolved the issue, I was driving the parameter with the weightmap but it made a mess, so I drive the length with the weight on another node. Now, the question is how can I set the thickness of the rendered hair?

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2010, 19:32 

Use KH2 Strand fCurve in SI Units on the size port in the emitter compound.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2010, 23:31 

j3st3r wrote:
Meanwhile I resolved the issue, I was driving the parameter with the weightmap but it made a mess, so I drive the length with the weight on another node.

I was unable to repro this, but anyway, kh2 Strand Length node, as it is for now, allows to set length over 'ratio' 1 ('ratio' is relative strand length). Probably you won't do that manually, but a mix of some nodes, plugged into 'factor', can do that. It's 'no good' for rendering, because of multiple strand positions on the same place. From my (empirical) knowledge with older XSI versions, this can cause NaNs with Hair Geo shader, or memory leak with pHair_TK shader. Standard XSI Hair shader seems to have some mechanism to avoid these problems (at least I think so...)

Here is a kh2 Strand Length node that doesn't allow the strand positions to 'group' at the end of strand.

That's all what I found with this node, that can cause problems. Maybe... on very short length, it can also set the strand positions on top of each other. Other than that, as RRay said: 'written description = lots of room for interpretation ' :).

Cheers

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 10:25 

Guys,

Is it possible to replace hair with polygonal strips? I'm considering to create a polygon hair for game, but I need to replace the strands with poly strips. Any idea?

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 11:48 

j3st3r wrote:
Guys,

Is it possible to replace hair with polygonal strips? I'm considering to create a polygon hair for game, but I need to replace the strands with poly strips. Any idea?

Of course. Actually about half of development was a prototyping for something like that.
Here is the thread. You'll need some of Helge's hair addons, Melena or MT_strands.

For anything further that I can possibly help, please post in mentioned thread - just to keep everything in one place.

Cheers

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011, 07:17 

I didn't needed such a sofisticated tool for that really, but I was really impressed with what Kristinka can do, and how nice it is to set up. Thanks for the great tool Matkovic!!

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 09:42 

I've got a problem

When I use turbulence, or curl, the hair render is buggy.

Cheers

Jester

Attachments:
HairIssue.jpg
HairIssue.jpg [ 151.24 KiB | Viewed 1740 times ]

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 10:13 

And one more question. When I try to use the new ICE modeling feature, nothing happens. I'd like to create extrusion of the the guide curves, but nothing happens...

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 10:25 

j3st3r wrote:
I've got a problem
When I use turbulence, or curl, the hair render is buggy.
Cheers
Jester

Something like this happens when ICE deals with some very small value - ICE seems to be able to deal with NaNs, but MR not. Latest versions of Kristinka Hair have a few switches for some cases of this, but not for everything, of course.

Don't use these modifiers,that's all what I can say.

Btw, there is a chance I'll post a new version, based on what I have for now - sometimes in (this :) ) summer, maybe. Mainly, that's a cleaning (no 'Follow Curve' anymore, for example) and utilizing the advantages of 3delight, such as automatic curve interpolation. There won't be any testing with MR, probably some of features won't work properly with this render engine.

Cheers

for another question, I don't know - maybe some of attributes is missing.

In short, use Melena.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next