ice syflex cloth problem

Comments on work in progress
hidalgo

ice syflex cloth problem

Post by hidalgo » 01 Oct 2012, 19:36

Hello
im having a weird issue, i have a character that is not on zero axis, but still even after freezing its transformation and setting a neutral pose when activating syflex the cloth jump into the center of the screen, no matter how much i try to fix that the cloth keep not starting where i am putting it.
Looks like its considering the origin not in the exact position of the the cloth is but on a "virtual" origin.
Someone have any ideas on how to fix this?
thanks

gustavoeb

Re: ice syflex cloth problem

Post by gustavoeb » 02 Oct 2012, 04:13

I have no idea how non-ICE syflex work. Have you checked if your "Center" operator (the one added after you change the pivot position of anything in Softimage) is messing with your syflex stuff... besides that, no clues
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

mattmos

Post by mattmos » 02 Oct 2012, 04:37

If you copy your icetree, then delete and recreate it (pasting in) it should reset what the solver considers the base pose. I think.

hidalgo

Post by hidalgo » 02 Oct 2012, 11:07

Ok first problem solved, seems that there was a bug in in the pin constraint compound that force it to search for a different position, now second and hopefully last problem is in the mimic constraint, as seems that i got the same problem as for the pin.

in this case i have copy the original cloth, parent that to the bone i am using then make a cluster of the original object and put the mimic cloth (the copy) to be used as mimic, the cloth switch up again and there is no way to have it to stay in the right place....
never ending story.....

any clues?