VorleX Muscle System

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

VorleX Muscle System 2.01 PROAuthor: kosyan
VorleX is a toolset for setting up a full body muscle rig. With VorleX 3.0 still in development, VorleX 2.01 has been made available for free. Have a look at the VorleX Muscle System Short Reel for a preview of the upcoming version 3.0 — for videos demonstrating Version 2.01, see the VorleX group on vimeo.

From the si-community thread linked below: The system is far superior to other similar products. The features and functions: Simple construction Classic control by means of 3 nulls Easy setup Incredible performance Realistic optimized dynamics The ability of symmetric duplication Unique skinning algorithm Skin sliding effect

local backup: VorleXMuscleSystem2PRO.xsiaddon VorleXMuscleSystem2PRO.zip (supplementary files - docs and samples)

Comments on work in progress
McNistor

Re: VorleX Muscle System

Post by McNistor » 06 May 2012, 05:15

wow... just wow
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

McNistor

Post by McNistor » 07 May 2012, 00:30

The above post deserves to live on its own as a stand-alone, testimony to the greatness of this plugin, so no edit from me.
So where is the home/buy page?
Also, buying a license will ensure how many updates (or bug fixes versions, as I'm sure they are there somewhere)?
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

kosyan

Post by kosyan » 08 May 2012, 17:08

McNistor wrote:The above post deserves to live on its own as a stand-alone, testimony to the greatness of this plugin, so no edit from me.
Thanks! :ymblushing:
McNistor wrote: So where is the home/buy page?
Also, buying a license will ensure how many updates (or bug fixes versions, as I'm sure they are there somewhere)?
For now you can purchase the Essentials version via email kosyyan@mail.ru.
Bug fixes will be for free, of course. Also you can freely update the plug-in with optional scripts and features if they appear.

Pro version will be available soon (at an additional cost).

jamination

Post by jamination » 09 May 2012, 19:45

I emailed you trying to price info, never heard back from you.
Phil Harbath
Jamination Productions

willp

Post by willp » 13 Jul 2012, 15:26

what happened to this?

I'd love to use it but it seems to have been discontinued

any news?

SamHowell

Post by SamHowell » 13 Jul 2012, 17:46

willp wrote:what happened to this?

any news?
+1

hidalgo

Post by hidalgo » 13 Jul 2012, 18:04

Actually as far as i know those guys are at work on this super tool, theyre very patience as i am trying to use theyre systems with some "alternative" methode on face rigging for a short movie i am working on this will differentiates from anything actually avaiable on the market.

kosyan

Post by kosyan » 28 Jul 2012, 00:38

SamHowell wrote:
willp wrote:what happened to this?

any news?
+1
Salute!
You should not have to worry. The work is going on. There are some difficulties, but they are surmountable. For now you can purchase VorleX Muscles Version 1.0 via email: kosyyan@mail.ru. The new version comes out soon.
Any questions you can ask here or in PM (or by email above).

PeterCGS

Post by PeterCGS » 25 Sep 2012, 13:42

Also interested to hear the status of this plugin..

kosyan

Post by kosyan » 01 Oct 2012, 01:18

PeterCGS wrote:Also interested to hear the status of this plugin..
Currently two key features of the new Pro version already implemented. These are the Mid Control Element and the Muscle/Obstacle Collision tool.
The new features are implemented as additional options to maintain versions continuity. You can still use the muscle system in common manner, in Version 1.0 style.

kosyan

Post by kosyan » 31 Dec 2012, 16:47

Hello, guys.
An important update came out for VorleX Muscles. Download updated v1.0 VorleXMuscleSystemTrial.zip

The skinning process is now dramatically simplified. You no longer need to perform a lot of tedious routine operations manually to set up your skin.

Calling the VorleX Muscle Skin Setup command helps you automatically create the complete Vorlex skinning framework, including: intermediate muscle object, ICE Trees and compounds, special shape keys, weight maps, etc.

The VorleX Muscle Skin Setup command also creates a Custom Property that allows you to fast and easy reset your skin. Pressing one single button located on the Custom Property PPG will perform all the necessary operations.

A command's Help article you can find in the User's Guide.

1. Using Menu Command to Set Up Skin
To set up skin using menu command do the following:
· Make sure your Skin object has a standard envelope deformer in its operator stack.
· Place all your Muscle meshes in a Group (or combine them into the one single mesh using the Merge command).
· Choose Get > Property > VorleX Muscle Skin Setup… command from any toolbar (or Edit > VorleX Muscle Skin Setup… from right pane).
· Pick your Skin mesh first. Then pick the Muscle Group (or the combined Muscle mesh).
Finally paint the VorlexWeightMap to define the muscle influence area, and sculpt the StartRaycastShape shape key to achieve skin sliding (as described in Quick Start tutorial).

2. Using Custom Property Button to Reset Skin
To quickly reset your skin:
· Bring your character into a rest (neutral) pose.
· Locate the VorleXMuscleSkinSetup custom property under your Skin object in the explorer. Open its property editor. Press the "Set Skin" button.

kosyan

Post by kosyan » 24 Jan 2013, 01:19

This video illustrates certain new features of the VorleX Muscle System 2.0
- Mid Control usage
- Skin Setup menu command
- Smooth Skin function
- New Custom Falloff mode

See HD-version on Vimeo.com

McNistor

Post by McNistor » 24 Jan 2013, 17:17

Very nice presentation of the features, although a full body (or at least upper or lower half) would be even nicer.
It seems to me that there's too much springiness, jiggling like an arrow when it hits the target and I don't any part of a human body (or animal alike) that behaves like that.
Is there a control for springiness?
-Thucydides

Sherkon

Post by Sherkon » 30 Jan 2013, 15:04

McNistor sometime ago I've beta-tested the 2.0 version on the shoulder girdle muscles.
I think it works fine although usually there are a lot of problems with these muscles

Falam

Post by Falam » 30 Jan 2013, 15:58

Sherkon wrote:McNistor sometime ago I've beta-tested the 2.0 version on the shoulder girdle muscles.
I think it works fine although usually there are a lot of problems with these muscles

It looks good, implementing it to a custom rig still looks daunting.

gustavoeb

Post by gustavoeb » 30 Jan 2013, 16:09

I agree with McNistor, while the belly case is a extreme situation and it was nicely presented, real use cases are much better to evaluate the thing...
So those last two videos you posted are much better, IMHO, to see what this is all abot. Results look quite nice really!
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/