Softimage Device capture tutorial

Links and discussions concerning tutorials
dwigfor

Re: Softimage Device capture tutorial

Post by dwigfor » 08 Nov 2010, 18:29

I've started a new thread that deals with game code (matrices, 3d vectors, etc) - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1060&p=7416#p7416

anclib

Post by anclib » 13 May 2011, 00:30

Hi,
I have a Peavey PC1600X and I am struggling to get it to work with Soft. Are there any tutorials about setting it up?

The way I am trying is:
1)open device manager and add the Peavey pc1600 driver
2)turned on the activation
3)setup a new preset on the Peavey where the sliders are on channel 1 and numbered 1-16, chanIn=1 chanOut=1 and ,I set as function=controller mode=replace

I don't even know if Softimage is receiving any midi data from the controller, the values don't seem to change, like they do when using the mouse device driver.

Do I need to write some sort of script or expression?

Please somebody save me!

dwigfor

Post by dwigfor » 13 May 2011, 00:48

Hi. I posted this a while ago, but I'll paste it here....

The secret to getting the PV1600 working was configuring it so each fader outputted on Channel 1, and then the # of the fader.. So, [1,1], [1,2].....[1,16]. You can modify that via the Edit, Arrows, and Enter button on PV1600. You can save a preset afterwards into its internal memory, so next time you power it on, it's all setup.

I haven't used the PV1600 in a while, but I hope this helps. The way I used it was to create 16 nulls (1 for each channel) and target that in the device setup in SI. Then I read the data from the null and used it with ICE. If you want to optimize it a bit, you can use 2 nulls and target posx, posy,posz,rotx,roty,rotz,scalex,scaley,scalez on them(9x2)

anclib

Post by anclib » 13 May 2011, 16:47

Cracked it! :-bd

Thanks for your help, although it was still a struggle, it seems that if I input the target and action in DeviceManager Softimage did not make the connection, it was only when I double clicked each individual slider to reveal it's ppg, then enter the target and action in there that it would be noted. The funny thing is that on opening up the DeviceManager after I had done this, it had all updated with the newly input actions and targets.

Thanks again, now the fun can begin!

sirdavid32

Post by sirdavid32 » 28 Jan 2015, 14:36

Thank you guys. I originally set this thread 5 years ago.
Now we have wireless midi. I've been trying to setup listening ports through midiYoke.
I really like how you used the 1600 midi option to capture device.

Later, I'll post how far I got with wireless midi with my android phone.
But I need help on the softimage parte to listenint to the ports. I'll upload a video so we ca
All have a chance to come up with a great seetup!
Cheers.