Links and discussions concerning tutorials
Bullit

Colin Brady Tutorials

Post by Bullit » 26 Nov 2012, 01:52

Folder with 3 other lessons

http://vimeo.com/user11774989

This are the words of the author:

ColinBrady.SoftimageIntro.Class1
In these Softimage tutorials, my goal is to get the new or experienced CG animator up to speed as quickly as possible!!! I believe in two hours anyone can animate characters in Softimage.

ColinBrady.SoftimageIntro.Class2
This tutorial shows a detailed way to fit motion capture on to any character using the 'motor' tool.

ColinBrady.SoftimageIntro.Class3
If you only have time for one Softimage animation demo this is it. This is the fastest demo of 'motor' and the 'animation mixer' there is. It quickly and cleanly reviews Class 2 and begins using the more fun 'Little Dude' rig.

ColinBrady.SoftimageIntro.Class4
Now the real fun begins!!!
In this tutorial I use the default 'Little Dude' character and modify his texture and geometry. I also add and blend motion capture clips using the 'motor' tool and animation mixer. Lastly I create a simple ICE SYFLEX cape for real time simulation.

cheeseburger

Re: Colin Brady Tutorials

Post by cheeseburger » 26 Nov 2012, 14:11

Why don't they get someone who knows what they're doing ! It's so irritating listening to this guy muck things up

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 26 Nov 2012, 19:26

Do you think this does more damage than good? I am not deeply into animation so can't comment.

cheeseburger

Post by cheeseburger » 26 Nov 2012, 19:55

No, but I personally would never put something out there that sounds like a pro guy getting you up to speed in the shortest time, yet has some quite basic mistakes or time wasting dithering etc. I am just fussy about labels and hype. And although it's great someone has the energy to do this, I feel conned by the description. If you're really going for the quickest possible tutorial(s) ... cut out the excess ! I personally got the sensation that he was more of a Maya user. Any ways ... Too much hype (For me)
Hope someone gets something out of them though ...
Just trying maintain the standard ...

Qwesto

Post by Qwesto » 27 Nov 2012, 02:11

Damage.

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 27 Nov 2012, 22:41

I ask for people that criticize the tutorials to at least explain where they are incorrect.

rray

Post by rray » 09 Dec 2012, 16:26

Bullit wrote:I ask for people that criticize the tutorials to at least explain where they are incorrect.
I second that. Must be pretty discouraging for anyone planing to make a new tutorial to expect a response like that from the community just because it's not up to someone's personal standards.

Just watched some of his tutorials and found them really good actually.
softimage resources section updated Jan 5th 2024