ICE Compound keyboard shortcut? How to ?

czarnyrobert

ICE Compound keyboard shortcut? How to ?

Post by czarnyrobert » 21 Oct 2015, 19:53

Is there a way to create a keyboard short-cut for ICE compounds ?

I want to assign a keyboard short-cuts to Model > Modify > Poly.Mesh > Cap Hole and Apply Thickness
When I tried the standard procedure to create shortcuts : File / Keyboard Mapping I found that those two functions are missing. But I found that they are ICE compounds in folder : Softimage 2013\Data\Compounds\Topology\Modifiers\
Cap Hole.1.2.xsicompound
Apply Thickness.xsicompound

Is it possible ?
I have found a tutorial how to add a script to shortcuts :
http://xsisupport.com/2011/07/28/creati ... r-scripts/

and how to add a compound item to menu:
https://vimeo.com/18784546

But it does not explain how to insert a compound into the list used for keyboard mapping.

luceric

Re: ICE Compound keyboard shortcut? How to ?

Post by luceric » 21 Oct 2015, 21:57

the script command for the first one is "caphole"

create a script that calls that command, and then map it to a key, with the instructions that you have found.

then do the same for "ApplyThickness"

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 23 Oct 2015, 05:01

A bit in the same vein, for certain ICE effects that act like 'operators among others', I've wondered if there was a way to to inspect a preset node of a certain name, say any node named "Outside", which could be whatever effect collapsed to a compound of that name, which would allow quick inspecting of specific exposed settings from .. "outside".

I'm sure using a script mapped to a key would be easy, but could mapping something to a standard inspect of an ICE tree be possible? ("inspecting" ice trees currently does nothing)

Is there something like an "onInspect" event?

czarnyrobert

Post by czarnyrobert » 31 Oct 2015, 08:54

Thank you luceric ! :) If it wouldn't be asking too much, maybe someone could type here how such script calling caphole should look like? I haven't touched Softimage scripts topic yet, so I have no idea if it should be just this command name, or something more.