More on Weights - Merge, Filter, Smooth compounds

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Smooth WeightmapAuthor: Pedro Alpiarça dos Santos
The »Smooth« compound will apply an advanced smooth effect on weightmaps, protecting fully white and black areas and allowing control over black/white bleed.

Video instructions for Pedro's new compounds »Merge Envelope Weights«, »Filter Envelope Weights« and »Smooth Weighmap«. Also have a look at Pedro's other plugins by clicking on his name above.

local backup: pb_SmoothWeight.xsicompound
Merge Envelope WeightsAuthor: Pedro Alpiarça dos Santos
This ICE compound allows to blend envelope weights of two source meshes into a target mesh using a weightmap on the target.

Video instructions for Pedro's new compounds »Merge Envelope Weights«, »Filter Envelope Weights« and »Smooth Weighmap«. Also have a look at Pedro's other plugins by clicking on his name above.

local backup: pb_MergeEnvelopeWeights.xsicompound
Filter Envelope WeightsAuthor: Pedro Alpiarça dos Santos
This compound sets small weight residuals to zero in order to simplify tabular editing in the weight editor. Includes tuning options like falloff for 'close candidates' and a choice of the modulation method.

local backup: pb_FilterEnvelopeWeights.xsicompound

probiner

More on Weights - Merge, Filter, Smooth compounds

Post by probiner » 21 May 2014, 02:17

Here are some compounds I created while working a character. I really like the ease of ICE when it comes down to solve these kind of issues when the stock tools aren't enough, whithout making me run into hardcore scripting.

EnvelopeWeightsPerDeformer can be a nag in that when setting it and the reference to the envelope weight fails it resets some nodes like rescale which I use a lot. Basically breaks the compound.
Had that kill me some hours of work after saving the compound not knowing it was broken :D So be advise there could be a need to re-import the compound at times.

Cheers

PS: updated the SmootWeight compound and video section of it.
Attachments
pb_MergeEnvelopeWeights.xsicompound
(14.61 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
pb_SmoothWeight.xsicompound
(21.09 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
pb_FilterEnvelopeWeights.xsicompound
(54.92 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
Last edited by probiner on 09 Jun 2014, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

Bullit

Re: More on Weights - Merge, Filter, Smooth compounds

Post by Bullit » 22 May 2014, 01:12

Nice.

probiner

Post by probiner » 09 Jun 2014, 23:38

I guess no one noticed but I had 2 versions of smooth weight in the attachments and the MergeEnvelopes was missing. Anyways, fixed.

rray

Post by rray » 12 Aug 2014, 16:59

Thanks for uploading - these are very useful. ICE is often a good alternative for something that one would first think of using scripts for.
softimage resources section updated Jan 5th 2024