Sculpt Deformer

Toonafish

Sculpt Deformer

Post by Toonafish » 23 Nov 2011, 16:45

I created a simple sculpt deformer compound. Just add a WeightMap to the geometry, change the Minimum Weight Value to -1 and paint away.

Adjust Factor to increase or decrease effect, or change the curve to your liking. A weight value of +1 will push outward, an value of -1 ( hold Shift while painting ) inward.
sculpt_deformer.rar
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
happy sculpting.

ActionArt

Re: Sculpt Deformer

Post by ActionArt » 12 Dec 2011, 22:10

This looks very interesting! I don't know how I missed it up until now. I'm going to give it a go. Thanks for sharing!!!

Edit: It IS very cool! You've single handedly brought basic sculpting to SI. Awesome!!! :-bd

Memag

Post by Memag » 13 Dec 2011, 14:14

Perhaps it would be interesting to unify it with "adaptive subdivision" compound,
to get those geometry iterations going on when points/edges get stretched/distanced?
Something like simple Sculptris, Dyna MEsh, 3dcoat voxel mesh...

ICE Topo - Adaptative Subdivision

ActionArt

Post by ActionArt » 13 Dec 2011, 14:49

Yes indeed! Maybe a good thing for the ice community project.

Toonafish

Post by Toonafish » 13 Apr 2012, 02:08

Hey, thanks guys. Never thought anyone would find it useful, so I kind of forgot about it, because a little while after posting this I found out it's already in the box by default : Property > Map Paint Tools > Paint Push Tool.

But a good idea to combine it with the adaptive subd compound. I'll give it a shot.

Boris

Post by Boris » 22 Jul 2012, 16:24

Toonafish wrote:I created a simple sculpt deformer compound. Just add a WeightMap to the geometry, change the Minimum Weight Value to -1 and paint away.

Adjust Factor to increase or decrease effect, or change the curve to your liking. A weight value of +1 will push outward, an value of -1 ( hold Shift while painting ) inward.
sculpt_deformer.rar
happy sculpting.
Thx MAN ! very very very useful tool ! :ymparty:
Oops ,something went wrong :D